Saturday Date Night at the Range...

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by helimech26, Jan 20, 2014.

1. helimech26

helimech26 New Member

So, halfway through last week, my wife suggested we go shoot my SR1911 and she wanted to rent a 9mm. I was all in, plus I wanted to shoot my Winchester 12 gauge for the first time (it was given to me by my father in law years ago).

The first 2 times I went to the range with my 1911, I was not very accurate at all. The SR1911 was my first handgun I have fired in like 12 years, which was some kind of revolver a friend had. I was really dialing gun in on Saturday, with only a few strays.

The 9mm that my wife chose was a S&W M&P 9mm, and she fell in love with it. She had tried the XD9 the week before, but she really liked the feel of the M&P. We are going to experiment a little more with rentals and looking in gun shops, but the M&P is winning right now.

The 12 gauge was the most exciting thing I fired last week, shoulder bruise and all. Man, I haven't fired a gun with that kind of kick since I went hunting for bore 15 years ago with a 30/30. However, I shot that thing true! First shot, right in the X of the B-27...and second was center of the head.

What fun we had!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Sounds like a great evening to me........nice report....:) I can see a new gun in the future....lol...

3. helimech26

helimech26 New Member

Next month hopefully! What sucks is that we have to keep going to the range to try out 9mm...hehehehe!

4. bikeride4fun

Sounds tuff.....hang in there, I know you can do it.....lol

5. cgor

cgor New Member

Sounds like a great night of fun,I will have to surprise my wife with an evening like that.

6. helimech26

helimech26 New Member

Sister in law should be getting her XD 40 released to her this weekend...yet another trip to the range, what am I to do? ugh, lol!

7. bikeride4fun

Shooting with the ladies.......oh yeah...lol