Santuary cities - congress acts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VThillman, Jul 23, 2015.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I dont really know all the inside workings of this thing called "Sanctuary Cities" , but just the title alone , when referring to illegals coming into our country , dont strike me as being a good thing.

Sounds like a place illegals , lawbreakers could go to hide from the law.

Sooo, I have to say , from what little I know, that its not a good thing for our country.

If congress shuts off the money spicket to those cities , maybe that would make them have second thoughts about helping criminals...I dunno.

Jim

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Houston police have paid many times for sanctuary city enforcing looking the other way regarding illegals breaking the law the citizens have to abide by.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Josh Earnest, who gives the daily briefing has already said that Obama would veto any bill send to him on sanctuary cities. It infringes on his immigration plan (didn't know he had one other than to let anyone who wants to come here illegally and get all the benefits). Congress wants to cut of federal money to the sanctuary cities for not enforcing the law as required by the law and Congress, however Obama over ruled that part of it. Trey Gowdy is fighting it but I feel it's to no avail. There are approximately 300 sanctuary cities right now in the U.S.
    Tommy

5. phideaux

I never thought I would live under a DICKTATORSHIP,

Whatever happened to that "checks and balances" in gubmint :rolleyes:

Jim

6. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That went down the drain the instant Odumbo was sworn in.

7. phideaux

Sanctuary cities..?????

I think I would be for sanctuary cities....

for us everyday ,want to go for a peaceful walk, americans, without worrying about getting killed.

Jim

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I have read more than one statement by law enforcement honchos that the police can't - haven't the means to - protect the citizenry. Their procedures are designed to work after the crime, not to prevent it. The problem with sanctuary is that in order to be safe, it resembles a prison pretty closely.

9. phideaux

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I happen to live in a sanctuary city however our sheriff Joe Arpio collects all types of lawbreakers regardless of their national origin or ethnicity. Remember though, as he states, he is not opposed to which ethnic group they belong to, he will arrest them all. He does not discriminate against any group. If you are illegal and have committed a crime, you will be arrested. The federal government has sued Sheriff Joe many time and he still has law suits against him. He has worn the last 3 elections with an overwhelming vote. Sheriff Babeau is also a law enforcement officer who is constantly waging war on illegals. He is in Pinal county which is 5 miles east of Mesa, where I live and is on TV quite a bit and explains how he confronts illegals. The feds continue to harass and fail to communicate or even attempt to work with our local law enforcement.
    Tommy

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Burlington and Middlebury are in the northwest 'liberal belt'. There is also a northeast 'conservative belt'. All this in a tiny state with ~600,000 total population. The AG's proposed policy - "Vermont AG proposes bias-free policing policy, Burlington Free Press" - is not objectionable on the face of it. I don't know how it actually plays out. Vermont is no longer "lily white", but it's still pretty close. That skews the reports that don't take it into account.

12. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

None in Indiana but almost surrounded by them,3 in Illinois,2 in Michigan and 6 IN OHIO!!!! :eek: