Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a very clean Smith Mountain gun (629-3) in Stainless and Pre-Lock for sale . The gun has a Action Job done by S&W and the papers showing the work done .

I am not a big Smith fan but kind of like this gun . The question is the price the owner is asking $800.00 is that high ??

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's a fair price. It's not a deal, but offer $700 and see what happens. If the seller comes back firm at $800, were it me, I'd probably buy it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I found a very clean Smith Mountain gun (629-3) in Stainless and Pre-Lock for sale . The gun has a Action Job done by S&W and the papers showing the work done .

I am not a big Smith fan but kind of like this gun . The question is the price the owner is asking $800.00 is that high ??
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=smith+&+wesson+629-3

There is also a 4 years-old review at biggamehunt.net for the Talo version.

Just going by those references, $800 is not ridiculously high for a 'Center-tuned' gun.

Note that the one center-tuned gun in the gunbroker listings had 1 bid; that could be a 'self' or shill bid, I dunno.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talk to the seller today the gun is clean .
Seller came down to $750.00 .

I think I will pass just not a Smith shooter

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Keybear,

There will always be deals out there and you just have to wait until it's what you want. If you don't care for a Smith and walked away, then good for you. Save your $ for someone you want and enjoy. Best of luck!

Tommy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TOMMYCOURT I agree thank you . I am now buying guns to pass on to my son . He is a Hunter/Shooter and enjoys the guns as I do . Last B-DAY he got a Ruger number 1 International in 30-06 . He is going on a Hog hunt this spring .

I have always enjoyed the Ruger single action and have shot them for a long time .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts