Ruger's Customer Service Second to None!

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by KMO, Mar 8, 2013.

1. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

I was excited several weeks ago when I found a new GP-100 Wiley Clapp Edition for sale from Impact Guns, an online firearms dealer in Utah. That excitement faded quickly when I received the revolver from my local FFL dealer. I decided to accept it, despite a long list of cosmetic flaws and some sloppy packaging by Impact Guns. Without firing a round through it, I contacted Ruger's customer service, and they responded with their typical "extra mile" approach. I sent the GP-100 off to their factory, and got it back yesterday, just 2 weeks later. It is perfect now. They fixed every flaw. Impact Guns never bothered to respond to me, but Ruger went beyond mere good service, and demonstrated once again why no other firearms company treats their customers as well. Bottom line...buy Ruger, but NOT from Impact Guns!

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Always great to hear about awesome customer service....it seems now a days its a thing of the past...:(

3. DonnieD

DonnieD New Member

Ruger and S&W have excellent customer service. Pleased but not surprised at your experience. Don

4. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

As a footnote, Impact Guns finally called & left a message. They promised to make it right with a future gun purchase. That's classic...What a stark contrast with Ruger's response, which was completely about making it right at the present time. As stated, buy Ruger, but NOT from Impact Guns!

5. DonnieD

DonnieD New Member

Yeah, we're sorry, we'll do better if you buy from us again. Better than nothing but they should make you feel better now and again in a subsequent sale. Don

6. nickE10mm

nickE10mm New Member

Well how about that? The pleasant lady at Ruger Parts in New Hampshire is sending me some replacement / spare parts for my SBHH at NO COST! (Frame, grip and ejector housing screws, rear sight roll pin and cylinder lock plunger & spring). Gotta love Ruger!

7. Glockaxis

Glockaxis New Member

Never bought from Impact Guns (and probably never will now), but have had the best experience from Sierra Guns, also in Utah, who is a Ruger dealer and has lots in stock. Try them.

8. JimThornTX

JimThornTX New Member

I have never had to use Ruger customer service but I'm glad to hear how good they are.

For the record, CZ-USA has excellent customer service as well.