Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been intrigued with the new Vaquero stainless in .45 acp and am wondering, when it comes to reloading, can I use the same specs on it that I use on my SR1911's. I would like to get one with a 5 1/2" barrel and also would like to know the difference in feel to the birdseye vs the standard grip? Has anyone had or have any experience with the New Vaquero and what are the pros and cons of the pistols as far as reloading and the feel of the grips. Any advise would be appreciated. I guess it's time to get into my trading box and see if I have anything worth trading or at least a down payment.

Tommy

P.S. This one I will have to sneak in the house. My wife says I have enough Ruger .45s and I said that is impossible. There is no law stating how many Rugers a man can have. At least none that I have ever seen. BTW, tomorrow is range day so will post a report on my hopeful progress.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
As you probably know I don't load or own a .45 Auto. But I feel sure you could use the same loads in the revolver that you use in the auto-loader.
In a revolver you don't have to worry about slide velocity. So you could load them down or use powders that may not be the best choice for an auto.
The only concern in the revolver is loading with too high of internal case pressure, not slide speed or an incorrect pressure curve for the auto.
Well there is one other thing, possible bullet pull so watch out for that when using plated bullets that rely on case tension to hold the bullet in place.

I've never held one with the birdshead grip so I got nothing on that.

Sneaking a new gun past the wife? No need, just explain the deference between men and boys, the price of the toys.
You could also try, "but it's an investment". I'm sure she'll understand. :duck: :cheesy:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I bet I can guess what Tommy's next gun will be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Too many Rugers fit into the same category as too much ammo. It's just not possible!
It's also like women having too many pairs of shoes, too!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would rather have too many shoes than I would too many women. One is all I can handle and care to try to handle!!! BUT you can never have too many guns!

Tommy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tommy, I have to egret with you there. Sometimes even one woman can be too many!

I was kinda neutral on birds heads for a while. They look nice, but. But as soon as I actually held one in my hand, I was hooked! A .45 ACP Birdshead I'd definitely on my list now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts