Ruger Standard - Lucky me

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by 67stingray, Sep 29, 2017.

1. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I just added another great pistol to the collection, a 1979 Ruger Standard. A friend bought it in 1979 and hadn't put a box of shells thru it, he decided he wanted a nightstand gun for him and his wife. I traded a new Taurus M85 for it and he was happy with the trade. Needless to say so am I, disassembled and cleaned it - still had grease from the factory in it. Had my last one of the series a Mark II stolen awhile back. Rare to find them in this condition and glad to have it.

Attached Files:

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

You definitely came out on top of that trade for sure. That has to be one of the best guns Ruger ever made. Yours looks like new.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Wow you stole that! Congrats on a new gun

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Is your friend still your friend....after you beat him up ?

JK, you got a great gun , both parties happy....:cool:

Jim

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Nothing at all wrong with the trade you made. That was probably one of the best guns that Ruger made and it was a blast to shoot. Congrats to you on a good trade and hopefully you will have years of fun with it.

Tommy

6. bowdier

bowdier New Member

Wow..that is amazing..still with factory grease. Congratulations on your new gun.

7. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Thanks guys, I plan on taking really good care of it and keeping my eyes open for more opportunities.

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Nice, 67, nice. I may not look green, but I feel it. I may have to save up for the Mark IV version, and see if it helps.