Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added another great pistol to the collection, a 1979 Ruger Standard. A friend bought it in 1979 and hadn't put a box of shells thru it, he decided he wanted a nightstand gun for him and his wife. I traded a new Taurus M85 for it and he was happy with the trade. Needless to say so am I, disassembled and cleaned it - still had grease from the factory in it. Had my last one of the series a Mark II stolen awhile back. Rare to find them in this condition and glad to have it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You definitely came out on top of that trade for sure. That has to be one of the best guns Ruger ever made. Yours looks like new.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Wow you stole that! Congrats on a new gun

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Is your friend still your friend....after you beat him up ?

JK, you got a great gun , both parties happy....:cool:

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with the trade you made. That was probably one of the best guns that Ruger made and it was a blast to shoot. Congrats to you on a good trade and hopefully you will have years of fun with it.

Tommy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I plan on taking really good care of it and keeping my eyes open for more opportunities.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Nice, 67, nice. I may not look green, but I feel it. I may have to save up for the Mark IV version, and see if it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts