Ruger SR45

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Oldhand, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I had the Sr45 and it was great, one of the most accurate 45's I have ever owned. At the time I was only able to get VV320 at a cost of $40 per lb and traded for a 9mm to save cost. Now that I can get AA5 for $25 per pound I was ready for a 45ACP again. I got the chance to pick up a Sig P250 full size and although an accurate handgun, the long trigger pull was rather tiring at the end of 150 rounds. In seeing the recent posts about the SR45 I got my interest pricked again, so I traded the Sig P250 for another SR45. I'll let you know if it is as good as my last one next Thursday when I shoot with my friend.:cool:

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

You are aware of course that Tommy requires pics, including targets. He keeps laying the onus on SG, but we all know better, eh?

3. Oldhand

I'll make some Thursday, weather good or bad.:D

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

There we go again, Bob is starting up on the yanking. I was only repeating what Savage has said. If Savage said it then you know it's the truth. If Bob (VT) says it then you might want to ponder on which way he is going. Sometimes he is nice to me and then in the next sentence, my left leg is a foot longer from his yanking!! Ain't that right Bob??? Huh, huh, huh????

Just okay for you Bob, just okay for you!!

Tommy

5. Oldhand

As promised here is the range report. 150 rounds fired, 50 factory 100 reloads. Shot a little right, found the front sight was left of center and fixed after got home and cleaned the SR45.

Attached Files:

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Well you sure tore that target apart! Good shooting

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

In 150 rounds I would have used up six splatter targets - assuming I was close enough to hit them. The SR45 must be kind to the hand, Oldhand. My all-steel Witness is too, but my hand would be cramping from the repetition.

SG, I see you have decided to ignore Tommy's aggressive harassment. He ain't going to give up y'know.

8. Oldhand

Thanks SG, VT I once owned a Witness 45. It shot great but the mags, at least back then were not worth a darn. At this point , this SR45 isn't as accurate as my other one. This one had a gritty trigger and as I said the front sight was off. I soaked the trigger in CLP and after drying out it seams better. Next time out will tell.:D

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I just can't keep up with him now. Just when we've got his sense of humor under control, he has a relapse

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Oldhand that looks very impressive for thinking this gun wasn't as accurate as your last one.
    Tommy doesn't post targets.........he says he doesn't know how to post them. At least I show my targets even if I paint a circle around the cluster.

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Okay for you Buster, just okay for you. Savage started this whole mess and he agitates and motivates Bob (VT) and gets him all inspired and I catch it from all sides. All I can say is: Father Time is on my side and I am a waiting my turn. Let's take a look at this list, hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Savage - top of the list then there's Bob (VT) and Buster and CRAP! There are so many that I can't keep count now. I am gonna get a calculator, have someone teach me how to use it and keep track. I lost my pencil and pad sheet showing all the yankers and in which row I was going to begin at.

Okay for all you guys, just wait, okay for all you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

And Bob, where did you get that word "onus". Have you been watching Fox news again?:feedtroll:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Handy,

I apologize for not recognizing your good shooting and think that is a target to be proud of. I got yanked so hard from the above mentioned that they distracted me and I forgot to congratulate you. I apologize and promise to not let it happen again. For I know you are the gentlemanly type who does not yank and cause all the mess that goes on. Keep on shooting and doing the good job you are doing. I gotta go to the Techie store and get a calculator and do some fingering out some things here and I know that you know what I am talking about.

Again, good job Handy

Tommy

13. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

BTW, nice profile pic

14. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Um, that word 'onus' is roughly synonymous with 'blame', Tommy. The word that is roughly synonymous with 'Fox News' has an 'A' in it.

:duck:

15. Oldhand

Well after centering the front sight and cleaning the grit out of the trigger this is 60 rounds of my 230 grain reloads at 14 yards offhand.

Attached Files:

16. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Good shooting Oldhand!

17. gumpy

gumpy New Member

At least he doesn't draw a circle around his holes after he shoots!

18. Oldhand

19. JohnR

JohnR New Member

I do that so I can tell the 5 yard shots from the other distances. :dunno:

20. Oldhand

I think you were being yanked.;)