Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several Ruger pistols and all are fantastic. I recently purchased a striker fired Ruger SR45 and so far enjoy it at the range. One observation is the trigger pull is a bit heavy and I would like a few suggestions to reduce it if possible.
Are there any ideas that have been tried and are successful - thanks for the help.
Kyhunter

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey, Kyhunter

Galloway Precision makes a spring/reset bar kit for the SR9,9c,40,40c,and 45

I have put I believe 7 in now my guns and in for buddies.

The biggest differences in before and after performance has come with the SR45 and the SR40

Much shorter pretravel and reset, crisp smooth trigger, and reduced trigger pull.

If all you are interested in is improving trigger performance and you want "drop in" capability, then you would get:

the ultimate trigger reset bar for $20

and the smoothit trigger kit Kit 1 for $17.50

Now, comes the challenging part. I have been working on guns for 40 years or so, so I do the work myself.

But, I do not know your level of experience and comfort in putting in these parts.

If you need a smith to put the parts in, you could be looking at $50-70

If you want to try yourself, the good news is there is very little damage you can do (if you are careful), but the installation can be tricky and it is easy to put things in wrong.

Hope this helps.

Doc

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Doc. Thanks for the info and encouragement. Not sure I will tackle it myself but will look into it more even if I need to get someone will gunsmith skills. I've put Timiney ( not spelled right) triggers in and changed the springs in my GP 100 but the striker fired pistol looks more intimating to me. Maybe shouldn't but does a bit.
Again thanks KY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts