Ruger Sr22 fair price

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Vanousb, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Looking at a SR 22 Ruger with about 50 rounds shot through it. Asking $240. Sounds like a fair price? About two months ago.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I bought mine for $319 including tax new in box from LGS this year. If it hasn't been abused and is like new then I would say that isn't a bad price.

3. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Clean. Pulls back smooth and seems to fire great bNo wear and tear on any parts. Seems solid with no loose parts,

4. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

As I am new to the pistol world, like hearing opinions of ruger users.

5. lbutterman

lbutterman New Member

That sounds like a very good price. If it's in good shape I'd jump on it. I went to a gun show on Sat. 4/25 and new ones were in the $344 and up range.

6. lbutterman

lbutterman New Member

VanousB as to opinions of Ruger users ... I'll give you my .02 worth. They are ALL fine weapons. "RUGER DON'T MAKE NO JUNK, AND THAT'S FOR SURE". I have a SR9c, SR40c, SR22, which is one of the best shooting 22's I've ever fired, and a new Ruger SR1911 .45acp I am picking up this afternoon. I also have a Mark I Target pistol still in the original box that I paid $37 for in 1957 and with no modifications whatsoever, it is still one of the sweetest triggers I've ever seen on a pistol. Like glass. I think enough of my Rugers that I wouldn't sell ANY of them.

7. Redleg

Redleg New Member

That sounds like a really good deal. The SR22 is a very good pistol. If something goes wrong with it (unlikely) Ruger will always fix it, almost always on their dime.

I have two of these and they are both very reliable and good shooting handguns.

8. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Very happy with buy. Cleaned up (relaxes me to clean my guns) and have cycled a few rounds so far without failure. Ruger has been great. When I called about the odd model number 3612 that did not show up on site they told me was a distributor special edition that shipped with 3 mags instead of two. Was missing the extra mag and soft case in box. They shipped without question to make the box complete.