Ruger Says ADIOS! to California

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kde71450, Jan 15, 2014.

1. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Doesn't bother me at all. These companies shouldn't base there products on a state are a few states anyway. Build to suit the majority of gun friendly states ...

3. RavensRulz

RavensRulz Love My Ruger SR9C 9 MM

Maryland will be the next state to start outlawing semis, they are second to California when it comes to gun control and taking arms out of the hands of law abiding citizens, I am so thankful to live in West Virginia where, even though we are run by liberals, they have not come after us regarding gun control and I can still walk around with my 9mm on my hip out in the open.

4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

What is sad is the fact that gun control seems to always begin in California, then will hit the weaker states and eventually take over all the states. Just like cancer, it is spreading, and it has to be stopped before we all lose our Second Amendment rights.

5. RavensRulz

RavensRulz Love My Ruger SR9C 9 MM

You should read about the backlog in Maryland on Permits, in WV, we had our approval in 10 minutes and out the door with no restrictions, Maryland has unconstitutionally backlogged permits on purpose, to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. My cousin waiting 6 months to get his permit from an FFL on his AR 15. Maryland has also restricted Mag size to 7 only, whereas here in WV, I have a 17 mag and 10 mag and carry them both, one loaded in my gun and the other in my holster, so I have 27 rounds on me at all times. In Maryland, permits are suppose to be processed within no longer than 30 days, right now there is a backlog of up to 90 days for permits.

6. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I have corresponded directly with Mr. Fifer, the Ruger CEO. He has indicated to me that the problem is the microstamping requirement. To summarize what he told me: Ruger is continuously improving its guns in minor ways; they are often not "static" designs. The DOJ in Democrat-California requires that the gun be "recertified" when these small improvements are made. However, the re certification process then requires that the guns include a microstamping feature, which is not feasible for many reasons. Thus the guns cannot be re-certified. That is why revolvers and rifles are unaffected.

Mr. Fifer assured me that Ruger is doing all that it can to deal with this horrendous situation and of course it does not affect long guns or revolvers.

Litigation is probably the answer and there is a Calguns-sponsored lawsuit winding its way through the courts. I am an attorney myself and I would expect that the Courts will find that the certification process in California unduly burdens our 2nd Amendment rights. But litigation is a painfully slow process and we cannot expect results any time soon, if at all.