Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate their quick turn around of my Wrangler in 2 1/2 weeks. The packing slip notes that they had to replace 6 components including the hammer and cylinder. Wow. I own 3 Ruger firearms that include an LCR,MK Iv 2245 and this Wrangler. All were returned for repair in less than a month from purchasing. My LCR and Mk iv are great guns. Will shoot the Wrangler soon. I am sure my situation is abnormal and would buy another Ruger.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good customer service is always appreciated, but I'd much rather prefer never having to find out how good or bad a company's customer service is. You have more strength than I, as I don't think I would have sent a fourth firearm from the same manufacturer in for repair.

I've been fortunate over the years as I've only had to send a new pistol in for repair once. And it wasn't much of a "repair"...it was the simple replacement of the hollow screw holding the cylinder release of a S&W 686 in place, which hadn't been threaded deeply enough, and as a result the cylinder release fit loosely to the frame when the screw was tightened, causing the latch to rattle when the revolver was handled. S&W paid the shipping both ways and it was back to my doorstep in 4 days with a print out sheet of what had been performed to it and by whom. This of course was back in early 1990, which if I'm not mistaken was around the timeframe that S&W was owned by the UK firm Tomkins plc (aka, "the Limeys!").

·
Patriot
2,194 Posts
I am sure my situation is abnormal and would buy another Ruger.
I don't know... Five returns for warranty out of three new Rugers over the last few years from my household.
Ruger has the absolute best customer service. Quality control, not so much. I'm keeping the Blackhawk that went back twice. It's solid now.
Not gonna try another auto-loading carry pistol from Ruger though.

Mag

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sent an LCRx .357 in to Ruger for repair. One chamber of the cylinder would not extract the spent shell casing.
I get the revolver back in @2 weeks, and Ruger said they could find nothing wrong.
I went to the range, and the problem still existed.
Took it to an Omaha, NE, gunsmith who polished the chamber out. Seemed to extract fine after that.
Not much good to say about their factory performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts