Ruger Red Label

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tigerbeetle, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle New Member

Doesn't anyone have a RL? Or is there another forum for the shotguns ? I got the 12 ga. going on 2 years ago, but I have never seen the 20 ga that was supposed to come out.

Ruger just quietly quit making them again?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tigerbeetle :confused:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I would contact Ruger Customer Service:

Inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols, and all Rifles (except SR-556, SR-762, AR-556, Ruger American Rimfire and PC4/PC9 Carbines.)

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
    Customer Service Department
    411 Sunapee Street
    Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 603-863-6165

(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Years ago I had a Ruger Red Label and I sold it. I truly think it was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. If I had the chance and could get another, I would have another. It's not that I hunt anymore but would use it for home defense besides my 870 Remington.

Tommy

4. Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle New Member

Red Label - a great shooter

It took me a few rounds of skeet to get used to shooting it (32 in. barrels). I had rotator cuff surgery a few months before I bought it and had to wait another 3 months after I got it before I could shoot it. I practically felt like I had to learn shooting all over again. But, my last round of skeet (6th or 7th over a 4 week period) I shot a 23.

To me that was awesome. It took me a bit to get used to a manual safety and a mechanical trigger. I shot a few ducks with it in Arkansas last January, but doubt that I get there this year. I have used it several times for dove and it swings nicely through the birds.

I had wanted one for years and really bought the only one I have seen for sale. It enjoys a space along side my Win. Mod 12 12 ga. (1954 duck gun), Ithaca Mdl 100 20 ga., Browning Citori 12 ga., Browning Mdl. 12 20 ga., Yildiz 20 ga o/u, Rem 1100 12 ga. and my Rotweil 720 single trap. I just wish I had the time and money to shoot all of them with great regularity.

Tigerbeetle