Ruger red label 12 gauge all weather

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by SpikeVTAC, Feb 22, 2016.

1. SpikeVTAC

SpikeVTAC New Member

Hi, I'm looking at a red label all weather stainless steel and I really have no clue about this shotgun. The only thing I can see it seems there are 2 different finishes a brushed and a satin grey. If anyone can give me a brief history on this ruger I would appreciate it. Which finish is more desirable? Which one was originally made and why they switched. Any info to help me made a decision. Thanks

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Years ago I had a Ruger Red Label which was a 20gauge o/u shotgun and I found it to be a delight to shoot and carry. The wood fit was excellent, balance was great and it has self ejectors along with selective fire. I could be wrong as memory is not as good as it used to be however I do believe that the matte finish came first. You can verify this with Ruger by giving them the serial number and they can tell you what year it was made. Regardless of which one it is, if it's anything like the one I used to own, you have got a winner. Like a dumb azz I was going through a divorce and had to sell it. I should have kept the shotgun cuz I would be out of jail by now. :cheesy:

Tommy

3. SpikeVTAC

SpikeVTAC New Member

Lol Thanks. I've been looking on line and it's amazing how little info there is on the stainless all weather. calling ruger is a great idea. With all the knowledge on this forum I'm sure there's someone who knows everything about these shotguns .

4. SpikeVTAC

SpikeVTAC New Member

Finally arrived. This has quickly become my favorite ruger.

Attached Files: