Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most of us here on this forum would agree ruger makes grade a quality guns that function very well for a very long time , given the proper care .
i own several of their guns myself . they are tough functional guns !
i will comment on a couple , just to make this not too long .
my 22/45 mk 2 . shoots splendid . looks great , & a few years back , i paid $180 for it brand new ! the new ones have a more pricey tag , but i am hangin on to mine . just about as accurate as can be in this price range , i do believe.
my recently acquired sr1911 45 in commander form . wow ! i got a great deal on this gun , was 98 % at a little over $500 . could have bought the gun on looks alone ! i believe ruger has beaten most of the 45 makers at their own game on this one ! super quality & shoots wonderfully .... better than guns twice the price or more ! whats not to like on this ruger masterpiece ! ! ;)

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I think you made a wise decision in acquiring the SR1911. I have 4 of them including the 9mm and they are as good as some of the more expensive weapons you can buy. They will shoot as good as I can shoot them. After about a thousand rounds I had a trigger job done on all of them so the take up is not quite as long and the triggers are set a 4lbs. Should you decide on the SR1911 LW Commander you will experience a little more muzzle rise due to the lighter weight especially when double tapping however you will over come that with practice. $500 is a good buy and you should be proud of your purchase. Congratulations!!

Tommy from the land of eternal sun and Sonoran desert.......Az.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts