Ruger Production Runs?

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by padowser, May 27, 2015.

1. padowser

padowser New Member

Is there any way of getting a sense of when Ruger might tool up a line to do a run of a particular model?

I am looking for Ruger Item # 0446...a .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible with the 4.62" barrel.

I have checked with several gun shops in PA and cannot locate one, I am also told the none are currently available from the distributers.

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I wonder if this is 'classified information' at Ruger. Tommy? You have 'developed a relationship' there, eh?

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Bob,
    If you want me to, I can give Mike, gun technician up there a call and tell me what exactly you want and he can get back to me with any info. The plant here in Az is for center fire pistols only so if you want something different, then I don't know if Mike can give me that answer. Regardless of what you want, I will do what you ask. Only takes me a few minutes to make the call but Mike is usually in the plant and sometimes it takes a day or so for him to get back to me. Just let me know buddy!!!
    Tommy

4. padowser

padowser New Member

Hi Tommy:

I would be interested in knowing when I might be able to score a .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible with the 4.62" barrel. A dealer here in PA called 7 different distributors for me and could not locate one.

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Please remember you guys that the only connection I have is with Ruger as they are made in Prescott. Az. My connection is a gun technician and the way I got to know him is he has worked on my guns before. If you want info on Rugers then maybe I can help but when it comes to other brands, I just don't have any connections. There is a gun shop in Apache Junction which is about 10 miles east of me that carries a variety of weapons, pistols, rifles and shotguns and to get his address and phone number I will have to run over there and pick up one of his business cards as I don't have an Apache Junction phone book. They are a good size shop and carry quite an inventory and if you guys want me to, I can try to run over there sometime this next week and then can let you guys know their addy and phone number and you can speak to them directly. Leave a note on the thread or drop me a pm and I will send you the info back on a pm. I think Jim and Buster want to keep this forum on the up and up and divulging names and addresses are something I don't want to divulge to everyone on the net. Please try to understand that I am trying to protect you guys, myself and others who may not be as honest as our forum should be. Thanks to all!
    Tommy

6. padowser

padowser New Member

Please do not go out of your way for me. I just want to know when Ruger will do another run of the 0446's. Thanks.

7. Buckshotshorty

Buckshotshorty New Member

I vaguely remember that there is a place on
    Ruger's web site where you could write to the president of
    Ruger. You might try there if you can find it.

There is a form here: ruger firearms >. Corporate > contact

Go the website and click on above

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk Buchshotshorty,

Thanks for joining , and thanks for your first post..

Tradition is to go to Introductions, and introduce yourself to us.

I encourage you to do so.

thanks

Jim

9. padowser

padowser New Member

They must have just released some to the distributers. I got an email today that Davidson's had them available. I ordered one through galleryofguns.com. I will be able to pick it up at a local gun shop in about a week. They even had free shipping and free background check. $580.88 with tax.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hey Padowser,
    I did some checking for you and located the pistol you wanted. They have one here in Arizona. It is blued, new, and will ship in 1 week. I will pm you the details. I hope this helps you buddy, best I can do for ya.
    Tommy

11. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

I believe Ruger uses the Lean production method for most all of their products. Based on past orders and mostly on current orders by distributors, they schedule production. It cuts down considerably on the back stock that just sits idle and used up resources that could've been used on other more in-demand products.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  12. padowser

padowser New Member

Here it is. I ordered it through galleryofguns.com. Very painless. I took it to the range on Friday and zeroed it in from sandbags. Both calibers are fairly accurate, though I think the .45 Colt might be a little bit more so than the .45 ACP

Attached Files: