Ruger Talk Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
ask because the adrenaline will protect your ears
You've said a lot of pants-on-head-stupid things here (in fact, most everything you say fits that description), but this one takes the cake. Adrenaline can prevent you from noticing how loud the sound bouncing off your walls is, but it provides NO protection from it in terms of damage to your hearing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The Ruger PCC is a heavy rifle for such a small caliber. I own the original PC Carbine from 1997. Ruger built these carbines from 1996-2006. discontinued them, then brought them back as a take down with Glock magazines. Mine takes Ruger P series pistol magazines. They are both good in their own ways. Ihave no need for a take down rifle, so I'm keeping mine. No doubt you can use it for Home defense. Its a good handling&shooting weapon. View attachment 13122
If my memory serves me correctly this Police Carbine came in .40 S&W and 9mm & Marlin made a camp carbine in 9mm 40s&w & .45 ACP.
I have the Ruger PC9 take down version and I use it along with five Magpul Glock 17 17 round pistol mags in it and it works fine I have five 31 round Glock mags also and have not had a problem.
I purchased SOME MCARBO AFTER MARKET PARTS FOR MY RIFLE FASTER OPERATION IN COMPETION SHOOTS.

Extended Magazine Release : Ruger PC Carbine Extended Magazine Release

Extended Charging Handle : Ruger PC Carbine Extended Charging Handle

Carbine Mini Muzzle Brake : Ruger PC Carbine Muzzle Brake

Shock Buffer Kit : Ruger PC Carbine Shock Buffer

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to bring one out chambered for the .45 ACP or 10mm.
The 9mm version is a very good gun and ammo is not too expensive. I just like the bigger round.

It would be nice if they brought back the camp carbine. Its been discontinue for more than 20 yrs. Marlin had its issues with management and what ever else, but with Ruger taking over the company, I'm hoping it comes back. They are good guns.
I would prefer the .357 mag in a semi format rifle. I believe they were made some time ago along with .44 mag. That would be nice.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I hope they come back into production.
Very good looking rifle. I would be in line to purchase one.
My favorite calibers are .357 magnum, .45 ACP, and 10mm.
I would like to have the RUGER PC Carbine in .45 acp or 10MM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Marlin Camp Carbine came in 2 flavors: 9mm & 45acp View attachment 13126
My son has this Marlin as well as the 19122 PCC. The first 9mm I had was my old duty S&W 5904 - fortunately, the mags for that pistol also fit the Marlin Camp. So, now he has 2 9mm PC Carbines with the mags to fit.
I choose the 19109 to go along with my SR40C. Break down the carbine and haul it in my go bag.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My son has this Marlin as well as the 19122 PCC. The first 9mm I had was my old duty S&W 5904 - fortunately, the mags for that pistol also fit the Marlin Camp. So, now he has 2 9mm PC Carbines with the mags to fit.
I choose the 19109 to go along with my SR40C. Break down the carbine and haul it in my go bag.
Great combo! I have the S&W 915 (the value series version of the 5904)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wish to purchase this rifle for home defense, but need to know what features to look for in order to select best model number. For example, which newer accessorized models are unnecessary. Owners; what recurring problems, if any, have you experienced including those requiring a mail back to Ruger. I own 9mm semi’s & wish to stay with this caliber for availability. Any & all comments will be considered and appreciated. Thanks in advance to all responders!
I recommend a CIRCLE/dot sight instead of a mere red dot. CIRCLE/dot sights are much easier to use and more quickly get on target. The best for the money seem to be the HOLOSUN sights. I have their 509T fully enclosed CIRCLE/dot on my RUGER 57 pistol and love it. In fact I clumsily dropped it twice from about 4 ft. and no damage at all and no loss of zero. They are tough. Check them out on the YouTube drop tests.
Eric B.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts