Ruger PC carbine 9mm

Discussion in 'South East USA' started by ron4735, Jan 11, 2020.

1. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

Wish to purchase this rifle for home defense, but need to know what features to look for in order to select best model number. For example, which newer accessorized models are unnecessary. Owners; what recurring problems, if any, have you experienced including those requiring a mail back to Ruger. I own 9mm semi’s & wish to stay with this caliber for availability. Any & all comments will be considered and appreciated. Thanks in advance to all responders!

2. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Unless you live in one of the communist states, I believe it boils down to either the 19122 or 19100. If you lean to the AR style then go with the 19122. You can add a light, lazer or red dot especially for home defense. If you are going to go plunking with it a lot. Then the 19100 is cheaper and comes with iron sights. The 19122 has no sights.
    I have the 19100 but it came out before the 19122. I have had zero problems and if you have a 10/22 you will be familiar with its operation already. I do not think you can go wrong with any of them but you always pay a premium for the dealer exclusives and other non essential colors. IMHO. The choice is yours good luck.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020

3. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Waiting for it to be out with a .45 ACP or 10mm.

Also, I've heard good reports from some of the guys that have one in 9mm. Hardly no recoil and lots of fun. Kids like it a lot. Buy lots of magazines for it. You'll go through a lot of ammo.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  4. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

5. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

Can a red dot be easily mounted on the rear rail of the 91115 model? If so, is Sig Sauer($130) a good red dot name brand or do you prefer another? I would add a front pistol grip on the MLOK...good idea? Great comments from responders!

6. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I had a sightmark installed on mine. I am sure the Sig would work very well.

7. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

IF the RUGER 57 pistol sells well I will bet that we will see, by 2021, the 5.7 x 28 cartridge offered in a PC carbine.
    Eric B.

8. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

, which third party iron sights would you recommend for this set up? Thanks!
    Mr. Johnson, I have tentatively decided on the model 19122 which I will use with a red dot. Can I add iron sights to the M-LOK front and use both together? If so, what is the best iron sight choice for this set up and where to purchase? Many thanks!

9. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Since I don’t have that model, I am not sure. Are you wanting the iron sights to co-witness with the Red dot? If so I am sure some of the AR guys can give some suggestions.

10. mdog

mdog New Member

Just got mine about a month ago. I bought a Sig red dot. I’ve mounted it to the gun. But yet to set it up on target. Got a sighting tool this week. Going to work on all my guns. I’ll sight the PC 9mm at 30 yards. I’ve shot from 100 and it hit the target with iron sights. But was moving around a lot. So I’m thinking 30 yards for sighting that in. Any further and it will wander some.

11. I have this PC9 Carbine 9mm Rifle and I have taken Feral Hogs, Coyotes, and Deer with it. It would not be my choice for home defense, for that the Mossberg Shockwave Shotgun loaded with mini shells buckshot would be my first choice. The Ruger PC 9 is accurate on steel out to 200 yards. I have not had a problem with it, I use the Glock stick mags 31 shots without any hang-ups jams, or misfires. I like to carry this rifle and it complements my 9mm Glock 17 Pistol .

mrmike7189 likes this.