Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy bought his P95 in 2012 and it was never shot until 2 days ago and it jams almost every other shot just wondering if there is some issue with these guns.
(Stove-pipe & FTE)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Probably needs a good cleaning, and lubing. Thats proabaly all. Those are/were very reliable guns. The 1st pistol I believe to have a plastic frame and no metal rail inserts. The entire frame lenght rails and all are polymer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Could you please describe what you mean by "...jams almost every other shot...", and what ammo is he using?

Regardless, I second the above. Have your bud clean and lube it up properly, then in addition have him run at least a box of 9mm NATO or 9mm +P through it.

Direct quote from Ruger regarding the P95:

"No 9mm Parabellum ammunition manufactured in accordance with NATO, U.S., SAAMI, or CIP standards is known to be beyond the design limits or known not to function in these pistols."

·
Registered
87 Posts
Big and bulky, but not that heavy and they are as durable& reliable as a Glock imo
Great Pistol(y)FYI when they first came out they retailed for over $450

·
Registered
84 Posts
It just needs to be broken in. Should function much better after 5 boxes of ammo have been run through it. That was easy when ammo was $9/50. A little tougher to take when 9mm ammo is $30/50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts