Ruger P95 Discontinued. Last of the P Series

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by weblance, Oct 2, 2013.

1. weblance

weblance New Member

The Ruger P95 has been removed from the Ruger websight, and the Ruger response is that it is no longer in production. Its was the last of the P series. Its a sad day for us Ruger fanboys

2. J-Will

J-Will #Merica

Didn't see that one coming..

Off topic, your avatar pic is freaking awesome lol.

3. jrc

jrc New Member

For real. But honestly the SR series probably holds wider appeal. The P95 is a heavy beast. May take mine out this weekend, jus cuz.

4. J-Will

J-Will #Merica

I was never a fan of them, but a lot of people were. Especially at that price..

5. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

How so? They've been readily available for decades so no excuse to have not gotten one, or two...however many you want by now. Not exactly something that's difficult to find on the used shelves either. Models that sell well don't get dropped so hmmmm, darn good chance the newer models have cut into the P-Series sales. Gotta give somewhere. ;) Besides, maybe there's something new coming down the line. ;)

6. Range

Range New Member

Hate to see the P Series gone. They were great guns.

7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

End of the P's

Looks like the P series has been removed from the Ruger website.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

8. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

So now it's relegated to the "Guns _______ " choose your favorite catalog site,or the LGS.

9. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I guess the SR series is the go to gun now.....I still love my P345......

10. Flipflop

Flipflop New Member

BUMMER, I guess they cant keep making the same thing forever, but it is sad to see them go.

11. Flipflop

Flipflop New Member

I like the P89s and the P95s, I am sad to see them go.
    In addition to just plane liking them there is the issue of hi cap mags, If you own Hi caps for the P series they are interchangeable if they are the same caliber. Where I live you cant legally get any Hi Caps mags so you are really left with what you legally bought in the past. The price point was also good on them, if you want redundant side arms you could pick up a couple of P95s with out breaking the bank. Its to bad they couldn't extend the production out to 2015, it would have been nice to see them produced for 20 years. Its not like they didnt sell, at the beginning of the year it took 6 months to get one from one of the big power house sellers here in So Cal.

12. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Two threads on this subject, have been merged

13. wipsnide

wipsnide New Member

Love my P95... My wife's 02 Pontiac has been a great car, don't make them anymore either. Doesn't make them bad, just appreciated more...

14. jdavies41566

jdavies41566 New Member

I have 2 15 round mags for a p95 I have to sell them or trade for 2 10 round mags any takers

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

15. CLF

CLF Hunter, CAS/SASS

I have both, P95 and SR9. Like them both. I do like the hammer P95 a tad more than the SR9, mainly for being able to start out with a good single action triger. That being said also have a SR45 and SR22. Like the 45 and it does shoot well. Like my 1911 mainly again for the the ability to have a single action triger. It is not a Ruger and like most 1911s has had some work done on it. My next Ruger purchase would be a Ruger 1911, assuming nothing new comes out that I really want. All together I have over 15 different Rugers, rifle, revolver and pistols.

CLF

16. Win94ae

Win94ae New Member

I am looking for a new defensive handgun and that was the only Ruger I was considering. I'm going to have to buy a used handgun in order to get what I like.

17. BUXFAN

BUXFAN New Member

Love my P95. First handgun I ever bought.

18. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I think the new E series caused the demise of the P series.

19. mehensley

mehensley New Member

I have both P85 and P95 plus!! The PC9 carbine. They all shoot the same mags and the 85 just loves the 30 Rounders :)

20. bjmrolltide

bjmrolltide New Member

I have p85 and p95 and sr9c and I prefer my p95 for ccdw