Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ruger P95 has been removed from the Ruger websight, and the Ruger response is that it is no longer in production. Its was the last of the P series. Its a sad day for us Ruger fanboys

·
Registered
436 Posts
Its a sad day for us Ruger fanboys
How so? They've been readily available for decades so no excuse to have not gotten one, or two...however many you want by now. Not exactly something that's difficult to find on the used shelves either. Models that sell well don't get dropped so hmmmm, darn good chance the newer models have cut into the P-Series sales. Gotta give somewhere. ;) Besides, maybe there's something new coming down the line. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
End of the P's

Looks like the P series has been removed from the Ruger website.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
204 Posts
So now it's relegated to the "Guns _______ " choose your favorite catalog site,or the LGS.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
I guess the SR series is the go to gun now.....I still love my P345......

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the P89s and the P95s, I am sad to see them go.
In addition to just plane liking them there is the issue of hi cap mags, If you own Hi caps for the P series they are interchangeable if they are the same caliber. Where I live you cant legally get any Hi Caps mags so you are really left with what you legally bought in the past. The price point was also good on them, if you want redundant side arms you could pick up a couple of P95s with out breaking the bank. Its to bad they couldn't extend the production out to 2015, it would have been nice to see them produced for 20 years. Its not like they didnt sell, at the beginning of the year it took 6 months to get one from one of the big power house sellers here in So Cal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my P95... My wife's 02 Pontiac has been a great car, don't make them anymore either. Doesn't make them bad, just appreciated more...

·
Hunter, CAS/SASS
12 Posts
I have both, P95 and SR9. Like them both. I do like the hammer P95 a tad more than the SR9, mainly for being able to start out with a good single action triger. That being said also have a SR45 and SR22. Like the 45 and it does shoot well. Like my 1911 mainly again for the the ability to have a single action triger. It is not a Ruger and like most 1911s has had some work done on it. My next Ruger purchase would be a Ruger 1911, assuming nothing new comes out that I really want. All together I have over 15 different Rugers, rifle, revolver and pistols.

CLF

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think the new E series caused the demise of the P series.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts