Ruger P90

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by buster40c, Oct 15, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I saw a Ruger P90 45acp the other day and that is one beefcake good looking gun. I had never seen one before and it was impressive looking. I wondered has anyone here had one or shot one? Just curious about the gun.

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Yep they are big. Kind of a brick. I've handled them, never shot one though

3. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

They shoot fine, just not streamline.:D

4. buster40c

Yeah it sort of reminded me of a really good looking tank.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Is this the beast of which you speak? It's a relic. Well, it ain't no lightweight. I usually have to turn it a little to rher right in my grip to shoot it with my short fingers. Fixed sights, 7 round single stack, DA/SA slide moutned decocker (not my favorite kinda safetty), stainless model. Got a set of Houge grips on it. I have the originals in a box somewhere. I had w of them. Got them used off of 2 LEOs at a gunshow in the early 90s. One was a blsck P90 and the other was the stainless KP90. Both were LNIB. The guys were pizzed cause they had boght them at full price and Ruger started doing a 50 dollar rebate on them several months after they had bought them. Got the pair for 475, which was righ about the rebate price. Regular prices were in tehe 3-350 range at the time IIRC. Guns worked great. Just really big. Sold the black one at a show with a bunch of others when I was politically retired in 2005. Hardly ever shoot the old beast and have a KP89 too. It's the 9 mil.

The KP89 in 9mm. it isn't quite as fat as the KP90, but still big. Original grips, decocker, DA/SA, fixed sights, 15 rounds IIRC. I have not fired it in a good while too. Called it my Po' man's S&W Mod 59.

[​IMG]

The KP90 in .45 acp. Notice that both came with lanyrd rings on the butt. These ain't no plastic fantastics for sure. I use to see alot of the P89s for sale at shows in the 225 to 275 range, but hardly ever a p90. Guy brought an LNIB on into a show last year and wanted 4 bills for it. As far as I know, they are not really collectables. But who knows. I offered 3 and a bidding war started on it with the dealers finally getting it for 375. What did they want for the one that you saw?

[​IMG]

6. buster40c

Yes that's it.
    My daughters hubby had it and brought it to show me on their visit here. He had brought several nice guns, some of which had never been shot. One was a Colt 45 1911 with the gold lines on it. His numbered around 850 out of only like under 3 thousand total made. I was surprised when I shook the gun and it was super tight and didn't rattle like some new Gold Cups do.

I really liked the looks of the P90. It was a good looking hand tank. He saw my Sig P226 40 cal DAK and he had to shoot it. This gun has a good size hand grip which he likes. I guess that's why he liked the P90 also.

Attached Files:

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Nice looking pistola. I will be headed for a gunshow this weekend. Gonna see what turns up in a swap or whatever. Maybe another Rugfer of some kind. Don't have any SRs in the poly frmae or maybe a RAP.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  8. valvestem

valvestem New Member

I have an all SS P95 made back in the 80s that is a heavy blocky gun too, they just never caught on to make it in the big time. They had a good run though for the P series in either blue or stainless. Still worth a good chunk depending on condition. Mine is about 90%. I love it.

9. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Sweet looking Sig p90.buster40c.

10. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

The Sigs are much more valuable....the Ruger P90 can be found used at very good prices. I had a P89(9MM), pretty much same size as the P90. They are heavy, but decent accurate due to 4.5 inch barrell. You;ll like it

esmith1721 likes this.