Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, maybe ya'll can help me out. I've got a Ruger No. 1B in .17 Remington made in 1984 and can't find any info of the No. 1 chambered in this round. I know that the M77 was available with it. It's really a chore following all the calibers of the No.1 but any info would be appreciated.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Ruger #1 , but I have never seen, or heard of one in 17 Rem caliber.

That's one I would hang onto,

Cant find any info on it either.

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thasks for the response, the only info I've found was someone mentioned having one on a post from a few years back. You would think that a caliber that seemed that rare in a gun would be special order maybe, but there is nothing special about it, just your typical 1B except the caliber. Hopefully I'll be able to somehow find a little more info on it. I contacted Ruger to see if they could help me out but haven't heard back from them.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I'm betting it was a special order,
May be wrong.

Would like to hear what Ruger says.

jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah best I'm pretty sure it's factory, script 270 and single trademark on the barrel. I'll follow up with pics.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Yep, rebarelled ,

Are you goin to shoot it?

Just wondering if its as accurate as most #1s.

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I've had it awhile and it shoots good, haven't put it on target but hit everything I've shot at. Probably get it out and put it on target with the 1B in .270 I just bought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts