Ruger newest single 6 Wrangler 22lr

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by buster40c, Apr 20, 2019.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Ruger has come out with a new single 6 revolver in 22lr called the Wrangler. It should be in stores now or very soon. Selling price possibly around $200. I guess Ruger is wanting to give less expensive makers like Heritage a run for the market.
    https://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm

rugertoter likes this.
  2. Frontiersman

Frontiersman Active Member

Haven't found any yet, but I'm looking.

3. JerryC9

JerryC9 New Member

My new Bronze Wrangler came in today. Yea fun new toy.
    Good points:
    • Pretty- everyone was asking about it at my range
    • Light and well balanced so it’s easy to point and sight
    • the front sight blade is thin so it is nicely proportioned for the slot and barrel length
    • Grips feel great, they have an aggressive checked pattern that is perfect for a good hold.
    • Very good grouping, indoor with a white “pick you parts” target at 7 to 18 yards it made groups about 1.5”.

Rough Points:
    • The loading gate is very very hard to open, ouch.
    • The trigger pull was a bit heavy so I did “poor man’s trigger job” on it and got it below 3#. (TOO light for a novice or youth.)

rugertoter likes this.
  4. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I started to buy a Wrangler. In the end I thought why? I already have a Single 6 and a Bearcat. I would definitely buy the Wrangler over the Heritage, and I still have not ruled the Wrangler out. It would make a great tackle box gun.

5. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Greg, did you just ask why do you need one? You can't have too many guns. I bought one of the silver ones and really like it, can't beat it for the price. I put a set of Silver pearlalite AJAX grips on it to give it some character. Wrangler with AJAX 31's #2.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    phideaux, JerryC9, joeb1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

That is a beauty with those grips!

7. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Just quit already.....dang enabler. I have already bought 2 Rugers this year. The PPSH.....I mean the free floated PC 9 will be #3, the American Hunter #4, and the Wrangler #5. Then there is this EC9s that the LGS has priced out the door at $233.

Your Wrangler looks good. I want the black one though. Where did you get those grips? Looked at ShopRuger.com and did not see them.

8. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Thanks guys, Greg you can't have to many guns, I've picked up 15 Rugers this year. The grips I've had for a while, they were on an 1964 engraved Single-Six that I bought a few years ago that I put original wood grips on. If you look around on places like eBay you might be able to find a set, they are Ajax 31's.

9. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Aww man, nothing wrong with the Heritage. Mine works great.

10. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I have to admit, that does look awesome!

11. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

15 this year. You go!

12. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Nice little pistolas. Kinda maybe, but I already have enough .22s that I don't shoot. Still, for 2 bills, why not?

13. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I hope to add one soon to my collection of revolvers.

14. JerryC9

JerryC9 New Member

Wrangler Cleaning Question—
    I've got some lead splatter on the underside of the top strap just above the barrel/cylinder gap. I don't want to scrape through the Cerakote using a metal pick or even a bronze brush. HELP how can I clean the lead off that alloy frame? Is it sensitive to lead or copper cleaning solvents?

15. JerryC9

JerryC9 New Member

Sight adjustment (permanent) on the Wrangler worked out quite well. I filed the top of the front sight blade to raise the point of impact. Then put a bit of black paint on the entire blade. Got really nice groups at 7 - 15 yards. Previously it was hitting about 5” low at 7 yards. [​IMG]

rugertoter likes this.
  16. Frontiersman

Frontiersman Active Member

Looks like you got it zeroed in pretty good. Keep in mind the point of impact might move around a bit with different types of ammo.

17. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I'll take that over a semi .22 all day. Won't jam so soon. Looks robust even for a .22.

18. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Those grips match perfectly with the finish on the revolver!

JerryC9 likes this.
  19. JerryC9

JerryC9 New Member

So far CCI target do best while Federal bulk hit a bit left & low. Maybe me jerking a bit. This photo shows the bronze and a Galco Single Action holster that a bit loose but tight on my Blackhawk. If you look really hard the front site blade is there shorter & black.

[​IMG]

joeb1, rugertoter and Frontiersman like this.
  20. JerryC9

JerryC9 New Member

Here is a really nice photo from a friend at my range. Black Wrangler with dark wood grips from ShopRuger. The front site was also trimmed to raise the POI. [​IMG]

joeb1 likes this.