Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger has come out with a new single 6 revolver in 22lr called the Wrangler. It should be in stores now or very soon. Selling price possibly around $200. I guess Ruger is wanting to give less expensive makers like Heritage a run for the market.
https://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm

Reactions: rugertoter

·
Registered
575 Posts
Haven't found any yet, but I'm looking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new Bronze Wrangler came in today. Yea fun new toy.
Good points:
• Pretty- everyone was asking about it at my range
• Light and well balanced so it’s easy to point and sight
• the front sight blade is thin so it is nicely proportioned for the slot and barrel length
• Grips feel great, they have an aggressive checked pattern that is perfect for a good hold.
• Very good grouping, indoor with a white “pick you parts” target at 7 to 18 yards it made groups about 1.5”.

Rough Points:
• The loading gate is very very hard to open, ouch.
• The trigger pull was a bit heavy so I did “poor man’s trigger job” on it and got it below 3#. (TOO light for a novice or youth.)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I started to buy a Wrangler. In the end I thought why? I already have a Single 6 and a Bearcat. I would definitely buy the Wrangler over the Heritage, and I still have not ruled the Wrangler out. It would make a great tackle box gun.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Greg, did you just ask why do you need one? You can't have too many guns. I bought one of the silver ones and really like it, can't beat it for the price. I put a set of Silver pearlalite AJAX grips on it to give it some character. View attachment 12280
Just quit already.....dang enabler. I have already bought 2 Rugers this year. The PPSH.....I mean the free floated PC 9 will be #3, the American Hunter #4, and the Wrangler #5. Then there is this EC9s that the LGS has priced out the door at $233.

Your Wrangler looks good. I want the black one though. Where did you get those grips? Looked at ShopRuger.com and did not see them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks guys, Greg you can't have to many guns, I've picked up 15 Rugers this year. The grips I've had for a while, they were on an 1964 engraved Single-Six that I bought a few years ago that I put original wood grips on. If you look around on places like eBay you might be able to find a set, they are Ajax 31's.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I started to buy a Wrangler. In the end I thought why? I already have a Single 6 and a Bearcat. I would definitely buy the Wrangler over the Heritage, and I still have not ruled the Wrangler out. It would make a great tackle box gun.
Aww man, nothing wrong with the Heritage. Mine works great.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I hope to add one soon to my collection of revolvers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wrangler Cleaning Question—
I've got some lead splatter on the underside of the top strap just above the barrel/cylinder gap. I don't want to scrape through the Cerakote using a metal pick or even a bronze brush. HELP how can I clean the lead off that alloy frame? Is it sensitive to lead or copper cleaning solvents?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sight adjustment (permanent) on the Wrangler worked out quite well. I filed the top of the front sight blade to raise the point of impact. Then put a bit of black paint on the entire blade. Got really nice groups at 7 - 15 yards. Previously it was hitting about 5” low at 7 yards.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like you got it zeroed in pretty good. Keep in mind the point of impact might move around a bit with different types of ammo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So far CCI target do best while Federal bulk hit a bit left & low. Maybe me jerking a bit. This photo shows the bronze and a Galco Single Action holster that a bit loose but tight on my Blackhawk. If you look really hard the front site blade is there shorter & black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a really nice photo from a friend at my range. Black Wrangler with dark wood grips from ShopRuger. The front site was also trimmed to raise the POI.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts