Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked this up from a friend of mine yesterday for $350... ( Yea...awesome price !! )

...and ran two boxes ( 1 Magnum / 1 Special ) bench rested through her this morning...I was impressed with the accuracy at 50 and 100 yards.

SPECS:

Manufactured: Late 1982
Action: Single
Capacity: Six Rounds
Caliber: .44 Magnum / Special
Frame: Stainless Steel
Finish: Satin Stainless
Cylinder: Unfluted
Barrel: 7.5"
Grips: Hardwood
Weight: 48 ozs.
Overall Length: 13.4"
Front Sight: Ramp
Rear Sight: Adjustable

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Your also a thief...;)

Congrats

Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good deal. I had one in blue, many years ago. Paid about the same for it IIRC. I didn't shoot a lot of magnum ammo in it, I seldom do in an gun, but 44 Special level loads were great.

Enjoy it.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Years ago I had a Ruger Blackhawk in the .44 mag/spec and loved it. Only problem I ever had was that the grip was a bit small for me. Although not large is statuture God gave me long fingers. I truly enjoyed putting .44 special rounds through it. With my grip, I had trouble with .44 magnums. At the time I was not into reloading so I traded it (stupid mistake made years ago) but I did enjoy shooting it. We used to shoot "pig" steel targets at 100 yards and believe it or not, I could actually hit some of them. Mine was blue. You have a fine pistol there and it should give you years of pleasure.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
In several ways, your gun is very similar to my Virginian Dragoon (the 'old model' would be even closer). My gun is a 'knuckle duster' shooting magnum loads; is yours?

Attachments

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen...!!

My good friend felt that the $350 price tag for a hand cannon he didn't use anymore,

and that wasn't too far off from the original price he paid for it NIB was fair...and I didn't argue !! ;)

The Blackhawk was a sweetheart with .44 Special loads and hit POA /POI at 50 yards...and with it's weight

and long 7.5" barrel, it barked with authority with the .44 Magnum loadings as we rang steel the other day.

=============

VT: I find the "plow handle" grip allows the gun to roll a little bit in the hand when heavy loads are fired,

so that, and the shooting gloves I wore more than kept any felt recoil to a minimum off the Caldwell Deadshot

Shooting Bags I used as a rest for the 50 and 100 yard shots I made on steel at the farm range my buddy owns near Chalfont, PA.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Shooting gloves! That's the ticket. Next trip to the range, The Virginian, gloves and heavy loads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts