Ruger new model super blackhawk

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by SHOOTER13, Nov 7, 2015.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Just picked this up from a friend of mine yesterday for $350... ( Yea...awesome price !! )

...and ran two boxes ( 1 Magnum / 1 Special ) bench rested through her this morning...I was impressed with the accuracy at 50 and 100 yards.

[​IMG]

SPECS:

Manufactured: Late 1982
    Action: Single
    Capacity: Six Rounds
    Caliber: .44 Magnum / Special
    Frame: Stainless Steel
    Finish: Satin Stainless
    Cylinder: Unfluted
    Barrel: 7.5"
    Grips: Hardwood
    Weight: 48 ozs.
    Overall Length: 13.4"
    Front Sight: Ramp
    Rear Sight: Adjustable

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Sweet! Crazy good price! Enjoy!

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Your also a thief...;)

Congrats

Jim

4. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Love that gun.

5. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Beautiful, and he is still considers you a friend ? :)

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yes siree, you got a deal on that gun. Sure does look good in stainless. :D

7. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

Good deal. I had one in blue, many years ago. Paid about the same for it IIRC. I didn't shoot a lot of magnum ammo in it, I seldom do in an gun, but 44 Special level loads were great.

Enjoy it.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Years ago I had a Ruger Blackhawk in the .44 mag/spec and loved it. Only problem I ever had was that the grip was a bit small for me. Although not large is statuture God gave me long fingers. I truly enjoyed putting .44 special rounds through it. With my grip, I had trouble with .44 magnums. At the time I was not into reloading so I traded it (stupid mistake made years ago) but I did enjoy shooting it. We used to shoot "pig" steel targets at 100 yards and believe it or not, I could actually hit some of them. Mine was blue. You have a fine pistol there and it should give you years of pleasure.

Tommy

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

In several ways, your gun is very similar to my Virginian Dragoon (the 'old model' would be even closer). My gun is a 'knuckle duster' shooting magnum loads; is yours?

Attached Files:

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen...!!

My good friend felt that the $350 price tag for a hand cannon he didn't use anymore,

and that wasn't too far off from the original price he paid for it NIB was fair...and I didn't argue !! ;)

The Blackhawk was a sweetheart with .44 Special loads and hit POA /POI at 50 yards...and with it's weight

and long 7.5" barrel, it barked with authority with the .44 Magnum loadings as we rang steel the other day.

=============

VT: I find the "plow handle" grip allows the gun to roll a little bit in the hand when heavy loads are fired,

so that, and the shooting gloves I wore more than kept any felt recoil to a minimum off the Caldwell Deadshot

Shooting Bags I used as a rest for the 50 and 100 yard shots I made on steel at the farm range my buddy owns near Chalfont, PA.

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Shooting gloves! That's the ticket. Next trip to the range, The Virginian, gloves and heavy loads.