Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a chance to buy NIB unfired Ruger MK1 Special Edition 1 of 5000 California Freedom 82 (Citizens Against the Gun Initiative in California) with box, all original letters, certificates, receipts, etc. I understand only 26 was ever made.
What price should I agree ? How valuable this piece of history ?
Thanks in advance

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I'm confused. You say this gun is a limited edition of 1 of 5000 guns made, but understand there were only 26 made?

Help a brother out! :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It was famous 1 of 5000 run, and there was 25 taken for this event. There is additional engraving on the barrel.
What I understand there was kind of lottery, and 25 people win Citizen Against the Gun Initiatives drawing. In blue book this pistol in NIB condition is $1200. But I want to understand how book price correlate with real life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here from Blue Book
"Black or Silver Eagle" Standard Model (Post Red Eagle) Stainless Steel 1 of 5,000 w/California Freedom Inscription engraved "CAL. FREEDOM '82" on chamber, donated by Ruger to the California Citizens Against the Gun Initiative in 1982, and raffled to NRA members and CA gun owners, known ser. no. range is 17-03379 to 17-04792. 26 mfg., including one prototype.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts