Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a MK IV with the standard grip frame and the 4" bull barrel. Without a magazine catch. Which is the reason I have not been on fire to buy the MK IV, or the MK III for that matter.

I just found out about a company called Tandemkross. They make a part to replace the magazine disconnect. Now I am wanting a MK IV again. I think the Tactical model. I will just remove the rails, which I don't want.

Anyone have experience with Tandemkross?

Hoping SGW Gunsmith will chime in. He has been working on the MK series forever I think.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Blast-S...ement-for-Ruger-MKIV-and-MKIV-2245_p_444.html

top.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical. I've installed the Tandemkross 'Blast Shield' to remove the magazine safety, and the Tandemkross +1 mag followers, and the Tandemkross 'Eagle Claw' extractor, and the 'Mark Pro' magazine bumpers. They are all excellently made, and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When you are afield, it can be a challenge to do laundry. This model doubles as a washboard.

It would be interesting to see what you could do with a bi-pod and a scope.

·
Banned
405 Posts
I want a MK IV with the standard grip frame and the 4" bull barrel. Without a magazine catch. Which is the reason I have not been on fire to buy the MK IV, or the MK III for that matter.

I just found out about a company called Tandemkross. They make a part to replace the magazine disconnect. Now I am wanting a MK IV again. I think the Tactical model. I will just remove the rails, which I don't want.

Anyone have experience with Tandemkross?

Hoping SGW Gunsmith will chime in. He has been working on the MK series forever I think.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Blast-S...ement-for-Ruger-MKIV-and-MKIV-2245_p_444.html

View attachment 11828
I've been working with and on the Ruger Mark IV for a while now and experimenting with parts to replace the magazine disco, that doesn't require a whole kit. It's my quest to get the magazine disco replaced at a very reasonable cost.
TK doesn't really make anything, all of the product they sell is made by others and then renamed to their liking. They do sell kits though made by others to replace the magazine disco.
I was working with the guy who owned "Majestic Arms", Dino, who made the bolt stop strip kit for the Ruger Mark I, II, III & 22/45 pistols, but I received word that Dino passed away last month from a fast growing cancer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts