Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
This doesn't answer the OP's question. Apples and Oranges.
True, but it is not clear what the OP is going to do. Is he looking to sell one he's got? Is he looking to get a value for an insurance claim? Is he trying to see if a price on one he's looking to buy is too high or low? Without knowing his intent, I merely offered information I thought would be helpful to the OP in placing a current value on a similar product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My mini is a series 181. I purchased this stock in a factory box around 1980 and my mini was installed on it until 6 years ago when I replaced it with the factory stock that came with my mini.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think $350 would be at the high end for your stock. Most people would probably prefer a Samson as it is nearly a dead ringer for an original Ruger folder. In today's market, maybe $300 for the aftermarket stock, to a motivated collector. IMHO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IDK what a Collector might pay for your stock; depends a lot on its' condition, and motivation of buyer.

For the most part, the FedOrd underfolder stocks were prone to wear in their joints, negatively affecting accuracy. If selling it, be prepared to answer questions about its' wear/looseness at these points, as well as other questions about its' condition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@40nascar: Ever owned a FedOrd underfolder? I have, and got rid of it for reasons stated above.

Suggest that if you have something helpful and productive to add to the conversation, then do so.

If not, then perhaps silence is the best policy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts