Ruger Mark II Target

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Wickit, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Wickit

Wickit New Member

Looking at a mark II target from a friends estate. Is there anything that I should know mark II's

2. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

I have a stainless one, shoots great with no issues, picked it up used several years ago, no optics. Based on my experience I'd do it again.

3. Wickit

Wickit New Member

I have shot it once or twice always fun. Just never owned one

4. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Great pistol -- you will love it. I picked up a stainless Mark II at a consignment table at the LGS and never regretted it. Estate sales are a great place to buy used guns because there is no reason to believe that the gun is being dumped because it is a "problem" gun. Besides, if there is an issue (unlikely) Ruger will square it away. A Mark I I bought used had an issue and Ruger fixed it for free and had it back to me in one week. All I paid was shipping.

5. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

Get it ! I bought a stainless MKII that had a Millet SP-1 red dot sight mounted on it. Second hand. Tack Driver...put the red dot on what you want to hit and squeeze the trigger...it is a hit. Never had any issues. I love mine and is my favorite 22 . And I own a S&W model 41 with 2 different target barrels if that tells you anything about how much I like it.
    Gary

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  6. Wickit

Wickit New Member

Thank you guys. You confirmed what I thought about this gun. She's found a new home

Keep your powder dry
    Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

7. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

You should really enjoy that pistol. I had mine for many years. Talk about spot on open sights! I hated to trade her in but I needed a gun for CC. Picked up the SR9c, so I ain't so sad.

8. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Pics please!

This is the Mark I Target that I picked up earlier this year. It was used and neglected, but in decent overall shape; after a few parts replaced it shoots like a bandit:
    [​IMG]

9. Wickit

Wickit New Member

Pictures will be posted soon

Keep your powder dry

10. weblance

weblance New Member

Im a little late to this thread, but you asked if there was anything to be aware fo. Dont shoot any Hyper Velocity ammo, like CCI Stingers, or Remington Yellow Jackets/Vipers. Ruger advises against this.

You also CAN dry fire this pistol, but make sure the firing pin stop pin is still in the bolt

11. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Personally I think that it is a mistake to dry fire a Mark pistol very often without snap caps.

Hyper velocity ammo and Stingers will increase the wear on the pistol. You can shoot them, but I never do. That's why I have my Ruger SP101 .22LR revolver -- it can shoot any .22 ammo (except magnums) with no worries. :D

The Mark II Target is a great pistol! Still waiting on pics! :hammer:

12. Wickit

Wickit New Member

I forgot to take pictures last weekend should have her home on Sunday

Keep your powder dry

13. Wickit

Wickit New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1395615206.734136.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1395615242.938590.jpg
    Finally got her home

14. Wickit

Wickit New Member

Better ones[
    ATTACH]4380[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

15. rdbjr57

rdbjr57 New Member

I've got three Mark II Targets... a 22/45, a stainless and a "government" model. Love them all. I used the stainless in a steel challenge match this past weekend. Great shooter!

16. Wickit

Wickit New Member

I haven't shot this one in a couple of years but when I did it was sweet

17. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Very nice score, OP. You did well. Let us know how she shoots.

18. Wickit

Wickit New Member

Well she shoots as good as she looks
    500 rounds and not a miss fire

19. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Great to hear. Most Marks, and all of my Marks, are like that. Sounds like you got a good one.

20. craigsfishing

craigsfishing New Member

Late to the party here. Watch this video for cleaning take-down. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CZ_wTmiko0g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CZ_wTmiko0g[/ame]

Glad you got it. I love mine. I have added Williams' Fire Sights and then a cheap red dot sight to it. Both made a big difference for my aging eyes at reasonable cost. You've got one of the best target & plinking pistols out there. The mag release makes the MKII a little slow for competition-reloads though. Ruger solved that on the MKIII with a standard button type mag release. And they improved on that with an extended base plate on the 22/45. You can get extended mag release and bolt lock levers as well as other upgrades through Midway USA or Brownell's. The top brand for aftermarket parts seems to be Volquartsen. Am looking fwd. to seeing your pictures. Check out this Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403170913265028/
    Here's mine.

Attached Files: