Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to hear from those who have this gun. Interested in recoil and report from the muzzle brake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
338 win mag

I have the "new" scout series that is the same as the African except a shorter barrel thus somewhat less velocity. The muzzle break is nice with approximate 30% < recoil and less jump. I can see impact on clays at 100 yds thru scope when I can'[t with my 308 rugers without muzzle break due to jump. Extremely accurate rifle. See photo's.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice group and thanks for the info. Looks like i need to go get one. What bullet did you shot? I saw H4350 which is a good powder. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called it scout its not its the guide series--I have the 308 scout series which I referred to as more jump than the 338 muzzled. The bullet I use as with all my hunting rounds in different calibers is the Barnes (in this case the 185 TTSX). By the way the only place I could find one of the guide series rifles was at Buds guns on line. They just got them in at Christmas and no where else could I find one in over 6 months of looking. 825.00 vs 1199.00 msrp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Champion Firearms in College Station quoted $815 for the African but it would be a 6 hr round trip after they got it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts