Ruger Lite question

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by jbsconsult, Sep 13, 2017.

1. jbsconsult

jbsconsult New Member

Is any one having mis feeding with the ruger lite

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  2. AzShooter

AzShooter New Member

I had feeding problems with my 22/45 lite and hollow points. Now I only shoot round nose bullets and have had the most success with CCI Mini Mags. Federal AutoMatch and CCI Blazer. It could also be a magazine problem.

3. mark

mark Member

Worse with Rem. HPs. When clip is loaded tap back side against your palm, kind of hard. Shooting bench, shoe sole, or anything to set the bullets back.

4. hANNAbONE

hANNAbONE New Member

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Oh my the clip bugaboo has arrived again. Magazines are often read also. This being a gun forum and talking about pistols I can understand what the word clip is referring to.

My Ruger MK series pistols don't like Aguilar Supers and do jam for the first three rounds but I can shoot the hated Thunderbolts and have no jams. My SR22 has no problem shooting the Aguilar Supers. Go figure that one out. I don't know if it is the angle of the dangle of the loading ramp or the magazines make the difference.
    A friend has the Walther 22 compact and it jams with Federal 22lr ammo but my Rugers shoot them just fine.
    *** New members we welcome you to the forum. You should go to introductions and tell a bit about yourself and your guns and gun interests. This will get you off to a better rolling start here on this forum.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

NAH !!! it's more intelligent , to just jump in and call a long time member/contributor a twit. :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

Jim

7. mark

mark Member

I have a pile of Mark Rugers. Just bought another one yesterday. They are all mine, and they all came with clips. If I change my mind later a want to call them magazines, I will post that...
    When the government ordered it's first batch of 1911s, they were ordered that there be one clip per gun. All my magazines have gun pictures or centerfolds.
    Sometimes going with the flow is boring...
    There was write up in the American Rifleman some time back saying either way is right. clip-clip-clip-clip-clip...

Twodollarpistol likes this.
  8. survivaladvisor

survivaladvisor New Member

I believe the problem is a sticking mag follower. Try lubing the round follower guide.

9. pmdoit

pmdoit Member

10. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

I know this is a sorta old thread, but try this, only for the very first round that is fed from your magazine. OK, you have 10 rounds in your magazine, now push the nose UP, of the very first round that will be coming out of the magazine by being pushed forward from the bolt.

I use this method, even with Winchester hollow point .22 rimfire ammunition, which is alleged to be nasty feeding stuff in the Ruger Mark guns.
    That first round will glide right into the chamber and all of its little friends will follow along.
    Just try it, and then let us know how it worked. :D