Ruger LCR w/hammer

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by trainman, Jan 6, 2014.

1. trainman

trainman Member

I just saw a review of the new LCR with a hammer. Does anyone have one yet? How does the trigger pull compare with the hammerless gun. I think that if it had been available when I bought my hammerless one, I would have chosen the gun with a hammer.
    Thanks

2. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

3. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

4. mag318

mag318 Member

I just bought one and the double action trigger pull is definitely heavier than say my 357 LCR by a couple of pounds. That said it's still a wonderfully smooth trigger with that perfect LCR timing. The single action is crisp and lets off at 5 lbs. I actually prefer a slightly heavier trigger pull and the action feels really good. The pull isn't as heavy as my rimfire LCRs. Ruger is going to sell a lot of these.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Yep, they will sell like hotcakes at I.H.O.P.

6. trainman

trainman Member

Thanks for that. How does the single action pull compare with the double action of your double action only LCR.

7. mag318

mag318 Member

Hard to compare the two, as I stated above I measured the SA pull at 5 lbs. It was very crisp with absolutely zero creep. Try one I think you'll like it.

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My LGS just got one in..$416 +tx.

about the same as the hammerless.

Jim

9. trainman

trainman Member

Thanks guys, I got to go find one.

10. olywa

olywa New Member

Now I'm just hoping for a 22LR LCRx with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights. What a great little kit gun that would be.

11. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Never seen such excitement over a hammer. LoL

12. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Sledge, Ball peen are Mallet ? Lol

13. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

I bought a LCRX this afternoon, and the DA trigger is slightly heavier than my LCR-357 but the 357 has been broke in with about 1000 rounds and some dry fire, and the SA pull is crisp and smooth. The hammer is not as prominent as on my SP101 or model 36 Smith, so i don't think it will be an issue for CC as it has never been an issue with the SP or Smith. Post likely will be a week or so before i make it to the range, Michigan weather will be 0 to 8degrees for the rest of this week, can't wait for summer weather.

14. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

My girlfriend just bought a LCR 38 Special....we looked at the LCRX at the same time. She is going to use the gun as her EDC for personal defense. She is going to carry it in her purse and a little fanny pack she uses sometimes. I thought the hammer could snag on something very easy while pulling it out. I pulled the trigger on both, the single action was nice on the LCRX....and if you were going to take it to the range a lot....would be the better gun. But as a personal defense gun....the LCR without the hammer is clean and simple, nothing for her to think about but pull the trigger.....