Ruger LCR question

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by tybomber7, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Hey guys I recently purchased an LCR in the .38 special and absolutely love it. I do have a question about it though; my LCR from the gun shop came with a HiViz green fiber optic sight already installed. It only cost $20 more than the stock sighted version so I went ahead and bought it. Does Ruger sell versions of the LCR from the factory that have the HiViz sight installed already? Because it does not look like the gun shop installed them (no tool marks and sealed in plastic bag) and they had multiple NIB red/green sighted LCR's. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ruger Forum mobile app

2. LCR-lover

LCR-lover Member

I have never heard of them coming on a new gun. I bought mine from ruger and put it on myself.

3. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Ok I have found something that have helped. It seems that on Gunbroker and other websites, the model I purchased is the LCR-F. Model #5418. I'm still doing some research on it though. Thinking it may be a non-listed dealer exclusive.

4. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

5. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Member

Some gun shops put sights on the LCR and adjust the price slightly. I have seen it done a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

6. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Member

I checked the Ruger online store, and Ruger sells the sights on their website. So maybe some do come with them pre-installed.

7. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Thanks for the all responses guys. I just found it was odd that mine came with the HiViz, but for an extra 20 bucks I couldn't pass this model up

8. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Member

I went into one of the LGS in my area, and they had LCR's for sale with the HI-Vis front site factory installed. I believe the had red and green.

9. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Lucian thanks for the help man

10. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Member

I am really liking those Hi-Viz Red front sights on the LCR. I may be ordering some very soon.

11. trainman

trainman Member

I installed one on my lcr, but was in Sportsman's warehouse a few weeks ago, and I think I saw a new lcr with a hi viz sight already installed.

12. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Yes the HiViz sight is amazing. I managed to pick up my LCR with a Green HiViz sight already installed from Ruger for $469.99 in PA