Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently purchased an LCR in the .38 special and absolutely love it. I do have a question about it though; my LCR from the gun shop came with a HiViz green fiber optic sight already installed. It only cost $20 more than the stock sighted version so I went ahead and bought it. Does Ruger sell versions of the LCR from the factory that have the HiViz sight installed already? Because it does not look like the gun shop installed them (no tool marks and sealed in plastic bag) and they had multiple NIB red/green sighted LCR's. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ruger Forum mobile app

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys I recently purchased an LCR in the .38 special and absolutely love it. I do have a question about it though; my LCR from the gun shop came with a HiViz green fiber optic sight already installed. It only cost $20 more than the stock sighted version so I went ahead and bought it. Does Ruger sell versions of the LCR from the factory that have the HiViz sight installed already? Because it does not look like the gun shop installed them (no tool marks and sealed in plastic bag) and they had multiple NIB red/green sighted LCR's. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

I have never heard of them coming on a new gun. I bought mine from ruger and put it on myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I have found something that have helped. It seems that on Gunbroker and other websites, the model I purchased is the LCR-F. Model #5418. I'm still doing some research on it though. Thinking it may be a non-listed dealer exclusive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Some gun shops put sights on the LCR and adjust the price slightly. I have seen it done a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
123 Posts
I checked the Ruger online store, and Ruger sells the sights on their website. So maybe some do come with them pre-installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the all responses guys. I just found it was odd that mine came with the HiViz, but for an extra 20 bucks I couldn't pass this model up

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went into one of the LGS in my area, and they had LCR's for sale with the HI-Vis front site factory installed. I believe the had red and green.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am really liking those Hi-Viz Red front sights on the LCR. I may be ordering some very soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed one on my lcr, but was in Sportsman's warehouse a few weeks ago, and I think I saw a new lcr with a hi viz sight already installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed one on my lcr, but was in Sportsman's warehouse a few weeks ago, and I think I saw a new lcr with a hi viz sight already installed.
Yes the HiViz sight is amazing. I managed to pick up my LCR with a Green HiViz sight already installed from Ruger for $469.99 in PA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts