Ruger LCR .38

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by bigdaddyyankee, May 17, 2015.

1. bigdaddyyankee

bigdaddyyankee New Member

Just picked this baby up never shot for $300. Got great deal on have not shot it yet. Just want to know your opinion on this gun.

Attached Files:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My opinion.....

One of ,if not the best, lightweight revolvers on the market IMHO.

Great DOA trigger, mine(actually my wifes ccw) is very accurate out to 15 yrds. At 13.6 oz is very easy to carry and conceal.

It is quite perky when firing +p ammo, but manageable.

We love it.

You got a good deal at 3 bills.

Jim

3. bigdaddyyankee

Took me a month working the guy unbelievable never shot but I looked for gun residue could not find going to shoot tomorrow can not wait.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have the LCR 357 which is like 4 oz. heavier than your LCR 38+P. I couldn't believe how feather light the 38+P LCR was. I doubt a person would even know they had one in their pocket. I bet with +P ammo it will be a handful but good for SD carry. Yep you got a good price. I wonder why the guy never shot it? I had a gun I was just going to keep unfired for a keep sake gun. LOL That didn't happen.........I had to shoot it.

5. Chup

Chup New Member

I also have the LCR357. I like it. I have over 3000 trouble free rounds threw it. I carry it every day along with a 442. You have a great gun at a great price.

6. bigdaddyyankee

Said he just got it for back up for his g26. But never shot so sold it Iooked for gun residue by cleaning it did not find a thing so he was right I got never shot LCR for $300 lucked up ok on that. Will be shooting tomorrow or Tuesday

7. bigdaddyyankee

Thanks look forward to shooting it. Had one before sold it before I shot it this one a keeper.

8. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

hmmm, can I horn in on this thread? is there any info on LCR trigger work? so far I can't find a spring kit or anybody who will admit to clipping a coil or 2 off of the hammer spring. (I did find a report on heating the spring to relieve tension but I don't want to go there.) until I can find parts and info, I'll stick with the j-frame.
    (how about a LCRx 9mm? I'd buy that.)