Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last session I had 5 failures to extract – 50 round session.
Upon cleaning, I noticed about ¼ if extractor edge gone.
On Rugers site part # 61505 – is that the part?
How to replace it?

On top is a roll pin.
What roll pin punch should be used?

Where to get roll pins?
Much thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last session I had 5 failures to extract – 50 round session.
Upon cleaning, I noticed about ¼ if extractor edge gone.
On Rugers site part # 61505 – is that the part?
How to replace it?

On top is a roll pin.
What roll pin punch should be used?

Where to get roll pins?
Much thanks.
Call customer service. Be very clear which LCP model as the extractors are all different. They can answer the roll pin question. You might even press them to do the repair and return your gun. They deserve the work given all their problems with extractors. I had extractor issues galore with my LCP II. I replaced the extractor twice. Still had problems ...they replaced the barrel and slide to finally "fix" my problem. Sounds like you might be heading in the same direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Ruger - Pistols Help - They are in the middle of moving their office, they felt it is ammo related and to call back after their move.

I will do this shortly and post the results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Call customer service. Be very clear which LCP model as the extractors are all different. They can answer the roll pin question. You might even press them to do the repair and return your gun. They deserve the work given all their problems with extractors. I had extractor issues galore with my LCP II. I replaced the extractor twice. Still had problems ...they replaced the barrel and slide to finally "fix" my problem. Sounds like you might be heading in the same direction.
Just cut to the chase and insist on a new barrel and slide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called Ruger Service today - the bottom edge of the extractor on the LCLii-22 is relieved - Normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts