Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
New here. I just purchased the LCP II .22, and took it to the range, shot 125 rounds of Remington Thnderbolt high vol. U had like 15 malfunctions, and one of them the bullet stuck and the slide was half racked, so weird, had to remove the magazine and eject the bad bullet. But, what was more annoying was the damn lead fouling that built up in the bore, and can not remove it, tried a copper bronze brush with solvent, but can't get it removed. I didn't have a good experience with it at all as I could feel hot lead fragments hitting my hand every couple rounds. So uncomfortable. Now, is that because of the ammo I used? Is this a known issue to this pistol? I really loved all the reviews about it and wanted a small pistol like that to shoot at the range, and was very excited to get this specific one.. Has anyone had this issue above?

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thunderbolt is notoriously garbage ammo. I’d start looking into better ammo (specifically something jacketed) before looking into problems with the gun.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would not use Thunder Bolt if you gave it to me. It is well known to cause lead fouling. Some guns seem to like certain ammo better than others, but TB does not fall in the like column of any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took my LCP II for the first time yesterday. The gun range had Aguila and that is what I used. Only had 2 FTE or recycle and I think it was due to limp wristing. I am in love with this pistol. I am once again looking forward to going shooting. I couldn't afford to go with my 9mm. Now I can't wait to go again with my lcp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the LCP ll 22 lr I only shoot CCI High Velocity I get about 100-150 rounds before I get any bobble from lead and dirt ,At the range I just run a patch of Hoppes # 9 clean off slide internally and good to shoot another 100 rounds .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts