Ruger LCP for conceal carry ?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by shadowlands, Feb 16, 2016.

1. shadowlands

shadowlands New Member

I own a Ruger LCP for conceal carry.
    Love the weight and size for I often feel like it’s not even with me, though it is.
    I pocket carry. I live in South East Texas, so the summers are brutal and I don’t want a larger gun against my sweat/skin.
    Part of me wants to trade it towards an LC9 for the larger caliber.
    But I know I’ll lose my azz on the deal, and I may dislike the extra size, heft, weight, since I’m spoiled by the .380.
    I’ve added a CT Laser and red “sweat pee” trigger, and I’m sure I’d lose my azz there as well.
    Should I just be happy and stop my crazy mind from wondering?

2. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Or......keep the LCP and buy the LC9. Pretty sure that's what most of us would do. Choices are good!

3. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Nothing wrong with CC with the Elsie Pea.
    I have one with a crimson trace laser that is in the carry rotation depending on the situation and one is the heat like you mentioned.
    In the winter "brief in S.C." I go up to a 45 because of the ability to wear more to conceal it.
    Keep it ,save your money up and get something larger to add to the rotation..

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I have both and always carry the LCP. I keep the LC9 in my toolbox in the garage.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would keep the LCP and buy an LC9. The weather and clothing will have you rotating the two. The LC9 will fit in your front jeans pocket{barely} but not near as easy as the LCP. I believe the LC9 will have less recoil than the LCP.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

The LC9 is easier to shoot. I finished off this hog with one. The LCP is real snappy and will give you a blister at the range, but there is no denying that it is 6 rounds accurate at 25 feet in a very small package.

Attached Files:

7. LCP65

LCP65 New Member

I some times pocket carry my LCP but lately have been belt carrying it in a Barsony holster because it is so comfortable. You can find American made Barsony holsters on eBay and they are very inexpensive. I conceal with a coat, light jacket, or cover shirt. Since we can open belt carry in Texas with an LTC I never worry any more about wind blowing my cover shirt up. I do have the side mount LaserLyte on the LCP and really like it. My other carry gun is a 9mm Beretta Nano with a Lasermax. Really trust the Nano. Like others have suggested, buy an LC9 in addition to the LCP if you can afford it. The LCP is definitely a deadly self defense gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  8. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

I like where and how the laser actuator is placed on the Nano. Very nice.

9. LCP65

LCP65 New Member

Yes, it is right below the dimple where you would rest your finger. The activation button activates from either side. Center is off. I used a 380 and a 9mm Sightmark bore sight to align the laser on the LCP and Nano at 7 yards.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. LeeTN

LeeTN New Member

+1

While shopping for an LC9s Pro, I found an LCP Custom at a good price. Having watched Hickock45's review, I jumped on it.

Shot it the first time last night (90 grain fmj and jhp). It was both less snappy and more accurate than I expected. Based on my experience with a rented Bodyguard a while back, I really did not expect to enjoy it, but I did.

The only hitch was magazines initially resisting insertion, but this smoothed out with use.

So, I've found a pocket pistol. I'd still rather pocket a 9mm, but the LCP has earned a place.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  11. djb383

djb383 New Member

I gave up concealed carrying a compact 9MM and switched to the LCP (much lighter and way more compact). I used a pocket holster to carry my LCP for a short while......quickly realized there was no way to remove it from my pocket while sitting down, especially with a seat belt fastened. The LCP fits in a Bulldog BD841 cell phone holster perfectly and is handy as a pocket on a shirt in a blink of an eye......sitting or standing. Just my $0.02.

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-va...id=400&zenid=7ca129f40eea4e751b38042215bba986

12. LeeTN

LeeTN New Member

13. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new acquisition..

Sounds like you found yourself a new partner.

Just take a look at Remora IWB holsters, for comfort.

I even use one for a compact 1911 , and its very comfortable .

Jim

14. djb383

djb383 New Member

Yep, upside down......lift flap up with thumb, insert middle finger into front hole on the bottom of the holster and roll pistol grip out of the holster with your thumb. A little practice and u'll be almost as quick draw as Bob Munden. LOL

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqABkG1JpHM[/ame]