Ruger Talk Forums banner

RUGER LCP .380 MAX

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Poppatello 
#1 ·
Musical instrument accessory Font Gun accessory Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

The latest upgrade to America's favorite ultra-compact pistol: the LCP® MAX. Chambered in .380 Auto, the Ruger® LCP® MAX fits 10+1 rounds into the same footprint as the LCP® II. Compact and lightweight, the LCP® MAX continues to be the definitive pocket-sized personal protection pistol.
  • MODEL NUMBER: 13716
  • CALIBER: 380 AUTO
  • Capacity10+1
  • Slide MaterialAlloy Steel
  • Slide FinishBlack Oxide
  • Slide Width0.81"
  • Grip FrameBlack, High-Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon

• Barrel MaterialAlloy Steel
  • Barrel FinishBlack Oxide
  • Barrel Length2.80"
  • Overall Length5.17"
  • Front SightTritium with White Outline
  • Rear SightDrift Adjustable

• Weight10.6 oz.
  • Height4.12"
  • Grooves6
  • Twist1:16" RH
  • Available in CANo
  • Available in MANo
  • UPC7-36676-13716-9
  • Suggested Retail$449.00

• Compact and lightweight, the LCP® MAX continues to be the definitive pocket-sized personal protection pistol.
  • Standard 10+1 capacity magazine ships with flush floorplate installed. 12-round magazines available at ShopRuger.com.
  • Textured grip frame provides a secure and comfortable grip. Utilizing the 12-round magazine, or included finger grip extension floorplate with the 10-round magazine, allows most shooters a full-firing grip.
  • Slide features raised cocking ears and functional serrations for easy manipulation.
  • Slide and frame surfaces and edges are soft and smooth for comfortable carry and handling.
  • Tritium front sight with white outline makes for fast acquisition in all light conditions.
  • Rear sight features a generous u-notch for easy alignment and a square front face for one-handed cocking. Sight dovetails are sized to accept all aftermarket BodyGuard-pattern sights.
  • Improved magazine feed lips, feed ramp, extractor, and barrel cam geometries.
  • Patented barrel cam geometry delays unlocking, slows the slide, and ultimately reduces felt recoil compared to other .380 Auto pistols.
  • Fits most existing LCP® II holsters.
  • Reversible magazine release.
  • Also includes: one, 10-round magazine; soft pocket holster; magazine loader.
Ruger® LCP® MAX Centerfire Pistol Models

See less See more
1 1
Reactions: Magnum.357
#3 ·
I bought one the other day. Still haven't fired it.
I like to put 100 rounds of ball ammo and at least 25 rounds of hollow points thru a new pistol.
Wanted to pick up some more ammo before using up the .380 that I have.

I did pick up a Sigurd Max short stroke trigger but haven't installed it yet. Debating on whether or not to wait till I fire with the original trigger.
Supposedly the Sigurd trigger removes the .3 inch or so pretravel before the Max fires.
Was hoping to get some info on this but seems like no one has written anything on this new pistol.

#7 ·
I have the LCP 22lr works well for me but after considereing th LCP max 380 seems that recoil may be an issue at least for me So Considering the Ruger Max 9 or the Taurus GX4 ,Any experiences out there ? My Taurus G3C performs flawlessley but looking for a bit something different would also like to add pinky extensions !

#8 · (Edited)
I have the LCP 22lr works well for me but after considereing th LCP max 380 seems that recoil may be an issue at least for me So Considering the Ruger Max 9

I did some math and here is (approximately ) the recoil difference in ft. lbs. of energy.

Ruger LCP2 22LR = 0.95 with a 36g bullet at 900 ft. per second
Ruger .380 Max = 3.88 with a 90g bullet at 850 ft. per second
Ruger 9mm Max = 5.6 with a 115g bullet at 1000 ft. per second

Might want to change your smoke brother :rolleyes:

On another thread you claim you have recoil problems because of surgery's and now claim you already own a 9mm and once again say recoil problems and yet now claim you're looking at buying another 9mm, am I missing something here ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.