Ruger LC9s PRO

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by RogerRuger, Dec 17, 2014.

1. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1418832046.914128.jpg
    Who wants one? Who will purchase?
    What are your thoughts on Ruger new addition?
    No external safety! No mag disconnect!

2. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

I have one. I think it is the best thing they have done yet with the LC series. I personally never did see the point in the thumb safety on a striker fire pistol, the mag safety on any pistol and the great big loaded chamber indicator. Just my 2 cents worth.

3. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

Franklin TN gun show had them for $329. But decided against. I have LC9 And LC380 customized. They now have great trigger and shoot great. Carry LC9 with safety off. I have others on my list first.

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I was looking at one or a Shield. I already have Glocks.

5. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

I had the LC9 with a galloway precision trigger. It was much better than the stock trigger but doesn't compare to the LC9S. It is completely different. I like it even better than the glocks I have owned. Lighter and shorter reset.

6. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

I have the original Galloway P 50% trigger and hammer. Polishing trigger bar and lighter trigger spring, I don't need a lighter or shorter trigger for a carry gun. This LC9 is great. I dislike the thumb safety. Although the LC9 is really easy to work. I usually carry it during the day and firearm with de cocker at night. The LCP is usually on my ankle. I am interested in the Shield, Bersa BP9cc, and the new Kahr 7+1 380 None with a safety. Not seen the Kahr, but don't think it has one. These probably my next purchase or take serious look in a couple of months and pick one.

7. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

Just my opinion, but I've never understood the complaints against thumb safeties?????? To me it's just reflexive second nature to take the gun off safety with a flick of my thumb when I grab it......What is the issue? It's the same with rifles, shotguns, any gun for that matter. When the call for action takes place, the safety is "flicked" off.

Taking it off safety is an unconscious habit, as is returning it to safety locked when reholstering.

8. Outlaw72

Outlaw72 New Member

I own the new 9mm that Ruger offers. It is GREAT !

9. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

I don't have any complaints with thumb safeties other than they just seem useless on a striker fired or DAO handgun. I automatically flip the safety off with my 1911 but don't even think about it on the LC9S Pro or any other striker fired pistol. Just my opinion. Why have added parts that aren't needed? Less parts, less to fail in a stressful situation.

10. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

It makes a big difference if your left handed, and it ain't an ambi safety! :rolleyes:

11. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

I love my LC9. Perfect carry gun except the safety. I do carry it most of the time during the day. My carry firearm depends on where and time of day. What happens when you don't have time to think about the safety? One year ago this month a gun was pointed at me demanding my money. Luckily the person with me distracted this person and I was able to point my LC9 back at him. I did take the safety off. However I was able to have an extra second or two. What if I did not have? Can I think about the safety? I do practice some clicking safety on and off at the range. Sometimes I pull the trigger and nothing. Safety is on. Yes the incident was 2:30 in the afternoon. I am more thoughtful in my carry weapon where and time of day/night now than ever before. Just saying. My next few purchases will not have safeties. Or at least decocker for double/single.

12. BamaFan

BamaFan New Member

^^^^^^^post above. Exactly. When seconds count and you have a life threatening situation at you is the first thing you are gonna think about is the safety on or off. When I pull a gun and I hope I never have to, I want it ready without anymore thinking than whats already at stake. Just my opinion.

13. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

Ok I complain about my LC9 and LC380 safety. I gave them a good cleaning and wondered why I put the safety back on them. So I did not. Awesome. Should have done this years ago. I have the perfect carry gun without purchasing the LC9s Pro. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422567615.619222.jpg

14. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

That is fine and dandy, IF the parts removed don't cause some kind of internal mechanical failure. ;)

15. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

Thumb safety of LC9 only blocked the hammer from moving. Nothing else. I happen to like my LC9. Like it more better good now. I do not prefer a thumb safety on a carry. This was my solution with my LC9 and LC380.

16. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

The original Elsie 9 didn't appeal to me at all. But, this new striker-fired version will be in the running for my SS9 dollars soon.

17. Palladin

Palladin New Member

I have been in law enforcement for 27 years. My duty weapon is a Glock 22. That said, I have trained to NOT use a manual safety. My new backup/off duty will be the Ruger LC9S Pro. However, there is nothing wrong with a thumb safety if trained properly. In my humble opinion!

18. joe44va

joe44va New Member

I bought one a little over a month ago. The slide locked back mid way thru three magazines with +P stuff. I sent it back to Ruger and was pleasantly surprised when I got it back in a week. It then locked back on the fifth round. Back it went and again I got it back in a week. That's amazing. They twice replaced the slide stop spring. Now it works fine and it seems like a great little weapon. I am very pleased with the service. last year I sent a revolver back to one of Ruger's competitors and it took 5 months to get it back.

19. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Yeah if you train a lot, but I always hear of people with glocks chambered that shoot themselves. One recently blew his privates off. I like the safety mechanisms on my sr9c.

20. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I purchased an LC9 this past Easter for $250. The frame series is excellent for CCW. I don't mind the trigger either as I shoot many different firearms.