Ruger lc380 compared to glock 42 or s&w 380 bodyguard.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Vanousb, May 11, 2015.

1. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Looking to add a 380 for my wife. Thought on the lc380 as it compares to glock 42 or smith and Wesson 380 bodyguard?

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I watched a video comparing the LCP380, Glock 42 and a Sig P238 380. The Sig P238 was the chosen winner for feel, action and accuracy.
    LOL I just got outbid on a new in box with holster P238 on GB. Bid was $440. I like the Sig so much that even though I don't want a 380 I bid on it anyway. I said if I get outbid then so be it. Well so be it happened. I don't even need another gun. But it wouldn't take a lot for me to fall off the wagon and buy a P238.

3. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

1. there is a great comparison from a womens perspective on youtube, you should check it out.

2. I am an older guy with arthritis. I rented a g42 and used my son in laws lc380 they were very similar (you are not talking about the lcp though are you? this is a whole nother issue). However, the perceived recoil on the g42 was lower and the trigger (especially the reset) was better also. I asked about the lcp above for a reason they are two different guns and I could not even fire off one mag without feeling pain on his ccw which is an lcp.

hope this helps. (By the way, I am a ruger guy from word go, I have five of them) so I am no glockaholic.)

4. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

So now I have had a glock 42 in my hand and fired a few rounds. Felt great and I think will works for my wife. She will carry in purse or have in her nightstand not have it in the pocket. so the little larger size compared to Lcp or other is not big to her. It definitely has easier recoil with she wants.
    Now I have been thinking it might be a pocket backup for me. Not now. Feel it's a little too big for actual slip it in the pocket gun. Back to the Lcp for that. I am fine with recoil. And if I am using it out of pocket, it's because it's close range. For the money, it's still one of the best options.
    So lesson here is I went out looking for my wife and found it along with talking myself into another gun for my stock.

5. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

I thought that too, but, I carry mine everywhere (I primarily wear jeans) in a desantis nemesis, doesn't really print and feels fine. I carry an extra mag in an old swiss army knife holder, works for me, should work for you. BTW should the 6+1 bother you, one can put in a magGuts it increases the capacity by one and does not increase the footprint over the flat mag plate at all.

6. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

So I have found part of my wish list at a deal of a price I think. Found a guy selling his glock 42 with both clips and a Blackhawks holster (retail of 45.00 from among on for 375.00. Making the price for gun and mags 330. He wants to get a 43. I want the 42 for my wife. Win-win. Now to find a deal on a Lcp for my pocket.

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Good for you.

8. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Yep especially when they are selling from 400 to 480 around here for gun alone. Think price will drop as the 43 takes off. Shot the glock yesterday. Impressive (even being 380) how little recoil there is. Now for. Deal on Lcp for my pocket backup.