Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new Ruger 308 Gunsite Scout Rifle....left handed of course. It has a Harris bi-bod, XS sight rail and a Nikon Prostaff scope. I am going to try to bore sight it in and get to the range as soon as possible. Pretty excited about the rifle.....it has the "Sniper" look.......:machinegun:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Range report! Let me know how that scope worked out. Got mine, shot mine. Shoulder pads needed. Iron sights and 25 yds. SUC.:eek:
Took the bipod off the Charger and used that. Will wait for the round count to hit 100 before making any adjustments. Need to find a range with at least 100 yds.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to try to get to the range this weekend. The range I go to has a 100, 200 and 300 yrd set up. I will give a report as soon as I can......thanks.....

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to the range today.....shot a few rounds. I didn't like the 50mm scope rings, a little to tall for me. I change to a set of Burris med rings.....a lot better. Going back tomorrow to really spend some time dialing in the scope. I got it pretty close...I have to say for the money the Nikon Prostaff is an awesome scope......This Gunsite Scout is a great rifle.....would highly recommend it....

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great day at the range.....scope is pretty well dialed in. I am very happy with the Scout rifle......

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good looking paper! When you going to try the 200 yd lane?
Haven't got mine finished yet. Haven't made up my mind on the scope.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks 00b5.....the next time I take it to the range I am going to try the 200 and 300 yard stuff.....To be honest I may need a better scope to "target shoot" that far. The Nikon scope I got is a 3 X 9 X 40.....Its a real clear scope at an awesome price.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man, I want one of these soooo bad. Was going to try to get one this week, but had a deal come up on a pistol that was just too good. Scout is going to have to wait a while.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Understand that seanbyrd......maybe you can get one soon. The Gunsite Scout is an awesome rifle.....love it. BTW...welcome to RT.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seanbyrd, same thing happened to me. Ended up getting the SR1911 waiting for the Scout. Now I have both.:D

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)..And by the way.....both are excellent guns......

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my new Ruger 308 Gunsite Scout Rifle....left handed of course. It has a Harris bi-bod, XS sight rail and a Nikon Prostaff scope. I am going to try to bore sight it in and get to the range as soon as possible. Pretty excited about the rifle.....it has the "Sniper" look.......:machinegun:

Nice gun man. I'm picking mine up in about a month I too am left handed how do u like your scope? I'm having a hard time finding one I want for it?

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks wada......yeah there are so many scopes out there, hard to choose. For the money, I am very pleased with the Nikon scope.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts