Ruger Gunsite Scout/Sniper Rifle...

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by bikeride4fun, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

This is my new Ruger 308 Gunsite Scout Rifle....left handed of course. It has a Harris bi-bod, XS sight rail and a Nikon Prostaff scope. I am going to try to bore sight it in and get to the range as soon as possible. Pretty excited about the rifle.....it has the "Sniper" look.......:machinegun:

Attached Files:

2. 00b5

00b5 Member

Range report! Let me know how that scope worked out. Got mine, shot mine. Shoulder pads needed. Iron sights and 25 yds. SUC.:eek:
    Took the bipod off the Charger and used that. Will wait for the round count to hit 100 before making any adjustments. Need to find a range with at least 100 yds.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

If they made this gun in .243 I'd be all over it...with an IER scout scope it would make a terrific coyote rig

4. bikeride4fun

Going to try to get to the range this weekend. The range I go to has a 100, 200 and 300 yrd set up. I will give a report as soon as I can......thanks.....

5. bikeride4fun

Went to the range today.....shot a few rounds. I didn't like the 50mm scope rings, a little to tall for me. I change to a set of Burris med rings.....a lot better. Going back tomorrow to really spend some time dialing in the scope. I got it pretty close...I have to say for the money the Nikon Prostaff is an awesome scope......This Gunsite Scout is a great rifle.....would highly recommend it....

6. bikeride4fun

Great day at the range.....scope is pretty well dialed in. I am very happy with the Scout rifle......

Attached Files:

7. 00b5

00b5 Member

Good looking paper! When you going to try the 200 yd lane?
    Haven't got mine finished yet. Haven't made up my mind on the scope.

8. bikeride4fun

Thanks 00b5.....the next time I take it to the range I am going to try the 200 and 300 yard stuff.....To be honest I may need a better scope to "target shoot" that far. The Nikon scope I got is a 3 X 9 X 40.....Its a real clear scope at an awesome price.....

9. seanbyrd

seanbyrd New Member

Man, I want one of these soooo bad. Was going to try to get one this week, but had a deal come up on a pistol that was just too good. Scout is going to have to wait a while.

10. bikeride4fun

Understand that seanbyrd......maybe you can get one soon. The Gunsite Scout is an awesome rifle.....love it. BTW...welcome to RT.....

11. 00b5

00b5 Member

Seanbyrd, same thing happened to me. Ended up getting the SR1911 waiting for the Scout. Now I have both.:D

12. bikeride4fun

:)..And by the way.....both are excellent guns......

13. wada

wada New Member

Nice gun man. I'm picking mine up in about a month I too am left handed how do u like your scope? I'm having a hard time finding one I want for it?

14. bikeride4fun

Thanks wada......yeah there are so many scopes out there, hard to choose. For the money, I am very pleased with the Nikon scope.....