Ruger Gunsite Scout scope zeroing

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by 773PPVM, Oct 7, 2017.

1. 773PPVM

773PPVM New Member

I zeroed the scope on my Ruger Gunsite Scout today. I learned a couple of things. First, it doesn't group well with Winchester Super-X 150-grain PowerPoint. Second, it does group very well with Federal Gold Medal Match 175-grain Sierra Matchking. After a rough 1-inch-low zero at 50 yards, I ran it out to 100 yards and immediately shot a 0.75" 5-shot group with GMM. I adjusted my zero by 0.5 MOA left and up, and immediately shot another 0.75" 5-shot group, with two shots going through the dead center of the target.

After shooting these groups, I put on the AAC 762SDN6 suppressor and confirmed that it shoots just as accurately with the can as without, and the can doesn't change point of impact!

Remember, this isn't intended to be a long-range precision rifle. It's intended as a general-purpose rifle for recreational and subsistence hunting and defense in open, rural areas against two-and-four-legged predators. Sub-MOA is pretty darn good for such a rifle!

For photos and description of the rifle, see my post in Ruger Rifle Forum.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    RFF likes this.
  2. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Good shootin Uncle Jed!

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That is some impressive shooting.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

5. 773PPVM

773PPVM New Member

Heh heh. Digging a post. Reminds me of when Granny tried to teach the beatnics how to dig 'taters.[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEVnzVoZARE"]dig 'taters[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017