Ruger GP100 TALO

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by jstanfield103, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

I Love my GP100 very much. It is very accurate and the trigger I find to be just right for me. I actually find the trigger as good as my S&W 686 PC Competitor. When I go shooting the 686 stays home almost every time and the GP100 goes with me.
    I was content with the straight forward stock GP100 until someone on this site started talking and showing pictures of the GP100 Talo edition. That un-fluted cylinder I just Love. I know not every one does but I sure do. It has weighed on my mind ever since I saw it.
    So I asked the LGS how much and found the price reasonable but they were all allocated he said. Told me that he would have to call around to get one. I asked if he would and when he called Lipseys they had just received one and it will be at the LGS today Friday the 23 of Oct.
    I traded a Sig P320 in on it that I really was not all that impressed with and told him that I would pay the rest off in layaway which was no problem with him since he and I do a great deal of business to gather.
    Anyway I can't wait to see it today and get it out really soon. Just wanted to spout off. Happy, Happy, Happy, [​IMG] I will now own 2 GP100 in 6" barrel. Pictures to come when I get it out of jail.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sort of like waiting for Christmas morning to see what you got.

3. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Well finally got to pick up my TALO GP today. As I thought the grips I just hate , way to big for my hand. I had an old pair of wood grips for a GP100 and put them on the gun. These grips do not look very good due to the wood putty in the back. I chipped the wood from trying to get them on the gun once. They were to tight. They fit really good now though and feel real good in my hand. I will order another set next week after recoup some money after the gun. I painted the front sight white and have a red ramp sight due in the mail today. I kinda like the front sight look on it though, don't know if I will use the red ramp front sight or not know. I have the Red Ramp front sight on my other GP and it works really well also.
    Here are the current ruff pictures, I will get better pictures this weekend when I am off work. plus I will get to break it in also. Right now it does not even have the burn ring from the factory on the cylinder front.
    I also had to adjust the back sight to center it. It was way to one side from the factory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

That's a nice looking pistol. I would imagine without the fluting on the cylinder, it would cut down a little bit on the recoil. Problem I have is my hands have long fingers so your Talo might have fit my hand pretty well. Thank God that he didn't make us all the same. Hope you are happy with your purchase as it will last you for years.

Tommy

5. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Tommy,
    I agree life would be boring if we were all the same. I already have a new set of grips on the way. Same kinda of grips that are on my Regular GP100. Thanks for the comments.
    Here is the style of grips that I have coming from the same manufacturer but just not as deep on the grain as this set. I will post pictures of the TALO when I get the grips on her.

[​IMG]

6. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

I just gotten the TALO all finished up. Put my new grips on for my smaller hands and also the front red ramp front sight and a taller rear sight. Shoots great. Very happy with her. Love it. Ordered a Fiber optic sight set for the regular GP can't wait to see how they will work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

To each his own but I really love revolvers.
    IMO a bit more intimidating seeing those hollow points in the end of the cylinder.

8. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Love to take pictures with the ammo showing. Always looks great.
    Thnx.