Ruger gp100 6" 357 stainless steel

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Joew, May 21, 2014.

1. Joew

Joew New Member

Been trying to find a used one for a couple of months, but couldn't.
    This morning I received an email from grabagun that they have one in stock.
    Order placed and hopefully I should have it next week, if not sooner. ;)

Joe

2. rcramden

rcramden New Member

Gonna love shootin' that one. Handles the .357mag very well. Mines very accurate out to 50 yards, my personal limit as I hunt with it. I put a wiegand scope rail and nikon monarch scope on it. I like the look and my old eyes need all the help they can get. Enjoy it. They don't make 'em any stronger or prettier in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014

3. Redleg

Redleg New Member

You will really enjoy your GP100! Mine is a really great shooter.

[​IMG]

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats....show some pics when you get it...:)

5. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Joew, you may want to take a look at a red-ramped or fiber optic sight for your new GP100. Indoors the stock black front sight can be very difficult to see against a black bull's-eye target... As you likely know, the front sight is user replaceable in about 30 seconds; one of the cool features of the GP100.

6. Joew

Joew New Member

Just ordered the hi viz sights for this gun and my 4" ss. I shot my blued 4" today with the hi viz front sight and just couldn't believe how easy it was with sight alignment. The new gun should be at the LGS Tuesday and sights should be here Thursday. I'll be shooting it next Saturday.

7. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Yes, the Hi Viz sights are really nice. A big improvement over the stock black front sights. One of the great things about the GP100 is how easy it is to swap out the front sights.

8. Joew

Joew New Member

Picked up gp100 yesterday from my FFL.
    Removed front site and cleaned and oiled. Now, I am waiting for the hi viz sights to come in, then it's off to the range to put a few rounds through it.

9. Joew

Joew New Member

New sights installed and went to the range. All I can say is there isn't a gp100 I don't like. I will most likely use this gun for defensive pistol qualifications. I didn't have to adjust the rear sight on this gun or for that matter any of my gp100's after installing the hi-viz sights they all shoot at POA.

I posted a picture in the "show off your gp100's" thread.

10. Redleg

Redleg New Member

That's terrific. Sounds like you got a keeper.