Ruger charger

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by robn, Dec 26, 2016.

1. robn

robn New Member

Just went out to try and shoot my new Ruger charger stainless steel had many failure to eject with CCI's and federals every time would shoot one and then stove pipe only thing that seemed to like was Aguilera's super extra any ideas on what the problem is would be helpful

2. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

No idea. Surprised it won't work with CCI. I have a Gen1 Charger. It runs well.

3. robn

robn New Member

this is my second charger and my fourth Ruger pistol all shoot anything I put in them. Never had any problems with any of my other guns Ruger's or Smith and Wesson's I guess it was just my turn. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1482842278.014842.jpg

4. allenr

allenr Member

I was considering buying a Charger and did a bit of online research about the gun. It seems that failure to eject is a problem with some of the guns. I could not find any info on the cause.

Then I found an ad for an Eagle Talon ejector for the 10/22 and Charger that claims to increase reliability. My guess it is being offered because of reported ejection problems rather than just as a spare part.

This is a link to the ad.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Eagles-Talon-Extractor-for-Ruger-1022-and-Charger_p_155.html

I am holding off on the purchase until I can get more info.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am surprised the Charger seems to function better with the Aguila super extra. That's the only 22lr ammo my MKII and MKIV didn't like and the first three rounds with any magazine would fail to feed.
    I suggest you call Ruger customer service and ask them about the jamming problems with using several types of ammo.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

My charger breakdown loves the CCI, hope you get help from customer service.

Attached Files:

7. nick7274

nick7274 New Member

I would replace the extractor with an aftermarket tool steel part. This is the first upgrade I make to all my Rugers. I've never had any problems after replacing them. Great upgrade for cheap $

8. robn

robn New Member

The weather here in Kentucky was finally nice enough to try my charger again did a thorough cleaning. CCI standard velocity he had nothing but problems with federal bulk pack did OK just a couple failed to eject the Aguilera's no problems 30 rounds without a hiccup

9. robn

robn New Member

I called customer service today about my problem and they were very helpful they are sending me out a new bolt and guide rod to see if that fixes my problems if it does not I will have to ship the gun back to them they tell me

10. Oldhand

Ruger Customer Service are good people, I am sure they will get you fixed up.;)

11. robn

robn New Member

Finally got my bolt and guide rod from Ruger today I'm going to put it in the charger tonight and if weather is nice this weekend I would try to see how it works

12. robn

robn New Member

Got to try my charger today with the new bolt and guide rod had four failure to eject out of 200 rounds not bad very acceptable considering it is not broken in yet thanks to Ruger for great customer service. I love these chargers crazy accurate I am using a true glow red dot scope and shooting 100 feet hitting 2 inch circles

13. Oldhand

As I believe I posted earlier, mine is the takedown and it has been doing fine not loosing zero after taking down and putting back together. I also use a red dot.;)

14. robn

robn New Member

The wife and I took out both chargers today shooting at a dueling tree didn't take long to go through 300 rounds what a hoot

15. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

I am thinking about getting the charger take down and putting a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight on it. What are you guys running for sights?

16. robn

robn New Member

I use a Barska scope on my td, truglo on my regular charger. I have found the perfect case for my charger will try to send photo ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1486904229.440426.jpg

17. Oldhand

That is great thinking out of the normal box.:D

18. tsveggie

tsveggie Member

How do u cut that soooo nice?

19. robn

robn New Member

I use a utility knife with break off blades,those are two layers of 1 inch foam . one layer is the cut out for the gun then you glue it to the other layer 2 inch foam on the other side holds everything nice and snug. There are hot wire knives to cut the foam even nicer but I'm not doing that many of these.

20. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

deleted this post

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017