Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
When I saw that Marlin lever rifle with the Ar15 stock on the rear end, I figured for sure the end was spittin' distance away for them. That "goofy" lookin' rifle will be a collectors item some day!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did y'all see that Ruger has a bid on Marlin from the Remington break up? I certainly hope Ruger can make it happen. Maybe we can get some lever guns of the quality of pre-07 Marlins.
I have two Marlins 1894's in .357Mag /.38 Special & .44 Mag / .44 Special I would like to find a Marlin 1895 in .444 to add to the Lever gun collection. I had one but traded it off wish I kept it like most of the guns I traded off.

·
Banned
405 Posts
I sorta hope that whomever gets the ammunition end of the "deal" will fix the issues with Remington's .22 rimfire line. Back in the day they used to be our go-to .22 rimfire ammunition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I believe that Vista had the primary bid on the Remington brand ammo. I can't imagine Vista would make it any worse than Remington did over the last decade-plus.

PSA bid on AAC. Maybe they will finally have a new silencer design at a decent price.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I believe that Vista had the primary bid on the Remington brand ammo. I can't imagine Vista would make it any worse than Remington did over the last decade-plus.

PSA bid on AAC. Maybe they will finally have a new silencer design at a decent price.
Silencers are on the hit list along with the AR-15 Rifles soon to be Ban from ownership period.

·
Banned
405 Posts
^^^^Good idea! The BATF-E is also looking into these short barreled guns like the Ruger Charger, where owners have attached a folding stock and calling it a "brace". I guess some think they can call a folding stock a brace and be exempt from the dang thing being a "short-barreled rifle", or an SBR. It's more a matter of semantics, or what's in a name? What some are thinking is that the BATF-E will send those owners of a "brace" set-up a bill for a $200.00 tax stamp, or show that the brace has been permanently removed from the Ruger Charger pistol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have an old Ruger mdl 44 Carbine Rifle 5 shot that's no longer produced . It looks almost like the Ruger 10/22. it was in production from 1961 - 1985 I picked it up in 1976 it was the best brush gun It complemented my Ruger Black Hawk .44 it was a good combination Rifle with Pistol caliber carbine. I wish ruger would come back with it with a carbon fiber stock with true glow adjustable sights in .357 Magnum .44 Magnum , .41 Magnum as a tribute to Elmer Keith the father of the three Cartridges .I am going to send mine off to be professionally cerakoted in satin black the bluing is worn in several places . The 18.5 " barrel boosted the Velocity of the 270 grain Cast Lead Copper gas checked bullet they really packed a wallop and would knock deer of their feet

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
^^^^Good idea! The BATF-E is also looking into these short barreled guns like the Ruger Charger, where owners have attached a folding stock and calling it a "brace". I guess some think they can call a folding stock a brace and be exempt from the dang thing being a "short-barreled rifle", or an SBR. It's more a matter of semantics, or what's in a name? What some are thinking is that the BATF-E will send those owners of a "brace" set-up a bill for a $200.00 tax stamp, or show that the brace has been permanently removed from the Ruger Charger pistol.
It was nice to see that companies were finding ways around the NFA with the braces, but it was only going to be a matter of time before they get added to the NFA list. As unconstitutional as the NFA is, at least if you have a registered SBR you have already paid the overlords their $200 and don't have to deal with all of the stupid rules or changes with braces and vertical foregrips.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I wish ruger would come back with it with a carbon fiber stock with true glow adjustable sights in .357 Magnum .44 Magnum , .41 Magnum as a tribute to Elmer Keith the father of the three Cartridges
I doubt that will happen. Magnum handgun calibers aren't all that popular right now. Even when they were, Ruger did not sell a whole lot of those carbines. I think it is much more likely that we will see the Marlin Dark line expanded with more "tactical leverguns".

·
Registered
240 Posts
Big problem is people constantly calling the ATF and asking them how this is legal until they get the answer they don't want which is the ATF re-reviewing and reclassinfing it. Gun owners are some of their own worst enemies.

My dream gun now is the Mossberg shockwave but if the ATF reclassifies it as a short barrel shotgun it may be more than just a $200 tax stamp it may in fact become 'confiscation' or risk going to prison.

It's also why I will no longer buy any gun that's automatic. Don't be fooled about this current ammo shortage, this is government involvement because of the earlier riots last year. And now the Trump buffoons.

Mexico has asked Joe Biden to stop the flow of guns into their country, oh yeah, the handwriting is on the wall. Own what you like but prepare to pay the consequences for it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I doubt that will happen. Magnum handgun calibers aren't all that popular right now. Even when they were, Ruger did not sell a whole lot of those carbines. I think it is much more likely that we will see the Marlin Dark line expanded with more "tactical leverguns".
That Ruger mdl 44 Semi Auto Carbine is a smooth shooter for its stout .44 Magnum Loads. but the stock is wood a major down fall in a tactical rifle I wish they made stocks for it like they make for the 10/22 . I am thinking of selling it when it comes back from getting cerakoted . Its a highly sought after carbine rifle .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well, we couldn't have a thread without someone bringing up politics. It would be so nice if all of the political science professors knew as much about firearms as they do about the government.

Big problem is people constantly calling the ATF and asking them how this is legal until they get the answer they don't want which is the ATF re-reviewing and reclassinfing it. Gun owners are some of their own worst enemies.
Since the ATF is unwilling and has not yet been forced to give a clear and public outline of what they look for in approving or denying a firearms accessory, companies are forced to ask the ATF for clarity on new things such as braces. You clearly do not understand that when companies ask questions and the ATF publishes letters of guidance, those documents are what the firearms industry uses against the AFT if/when they have to go to court.

My dream gun now is the Mossberg shockwave but if the ATF reclassifies it as a short barrel shotgun it may be more than just a $200 tax stamp it may in fact become 'confiscation' or risk going to prison.
Changing the classification of a firearm is way different than an accessory. The ATF can not make a shockwave an SBS. The shockwave does not fit the definition of an SBS in the NFA and GCA. Since the shockwave does not have a stock and is not "designed to be fired from the shoulder", it cannot be classified as a shotgun or short-barreled shotgun. Even if they could, if that was your dream gun why wouldn't you just save up the extra $200 and make it an SBS yourself.

It's also why I will no longer buy any gun that's automatic. Don't be fooled about this current ammo shortage, this is government involvement because of the earlier riots last year. And now the Trump buffoons.
Glad to hear that you won't be helping the firearms community. How awesome. Cases such as DC v. Heller have used verbiage such as "Miller's holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those "in common use at the time" finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56. The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District's total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of "arms" that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense."

To simplify this for you, it basically means that the more firearms like AR's, and things like silencers, that are in common use among law-abiding gun owners the better stand we can make in fighting future anti-gun legislation and cases in the future.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, we couldn't have a thread without someone bringing up politics.
Guns are politics get use it or find another hobby. Don't worry about what the company's are doing they paid the lawyers to review it, it's the dummies looking for away around it.
And why do I want to spend $200 on an SBR, based on a gangster era law.

Mossberg did a great thing, it's the idiots in the gun world who may ruin it.
Know any idiots ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Guns are politics get use it or find another hobby. Don't worry about what the company's are doing they paid the lawyers to review it, it's the dummies looking for away around it.
And why do I want to spend $200 on an SBR, based on a gangster era law.

Mossberg did a great thing, it's the idiots in the gun world who may ruin it.
Know any idiots ?
Hahaha good reply there bro. You must think you're really clever.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts