Ruger ARX ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Tamlibtoim, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Tamlibtoim

Tamlibtoim New Member

Just shot some of this new ammo today and I gotta say I was impressed. Felt recoil was less than half of the 115 gr range ammo I normally use. Shooting with my LC9s. Accuracy was superb and no malfunctions. It's 80 gr +P . Anyone else use this? I am going to start carrying this for now.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Thanks for the range report on this ammo.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCvZAepSpI[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was wondering how this bullet would do in a 45 since many 45 semi autos have problems cycling with lighter bullets. Glad to hear your results were good. I just might buy some for my Kimber UCII.
    I was wondering if it came in 357 and I see it does. I will have to make a trip to my LGS real soon. If it can cut down the 357 recoil but still perform about the same then that would be great for my LCR.
    Well if it is available in 357 I am not seeing it as yet.
    I was near my LGS today so I stopped in to check on this ammo. The clerk said he heard of them but they don't have any. The assistant manager asked me about them and then he went in the back room. I am guessing he went to check on the ammo and possibly ordering some.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

My question is, how good is it when it hits? We've discussed it on RT before, and it seems like a gimmick to me. But if it actually works I'm very interested in it. Thanks for the report, glad to hear it functions well.