Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbor just called me over and introduced me to her nephew. Said she knew my birthday was coming up, and she can't afford to buy me anything, but she might can give me a gift anyhow. Her nephew works at Ruger. Said he was allowed to purchase so many guns per year and I could pick from the catalogue and he would have it shipped to my FFL. Showed me a SR22 and a LC9S he had with him. I mention ed the Long Slide SR22 and the RAP. Said he just bought a RAP 45 for his brother. $303.00. Said he could buy 2 more this year and I could get one of them.

What I want to know is how did she know it was my birthday?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
An RAP 45 for $303.00,

hmmmmm

Would you tell her I got an birthday coming up...

and that I'm a nice guy, and that I like Rugers too??

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
^^and while you're talking bout Jim, go ahead and mention me as well.........$303! That's a deal right there!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well that is a special neighbor to have for sure.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You're worried about how she knew? I'd wonder if I had $303 worth of change in the couch cushions...

All jokes aside, I'd worry about this being a straw purchase- can you purchase it from Ruger, through him, or does he have to purchase it for you?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're worried about how she knew? I'd wonder if I had $303 worth of change in the couch cushions...

All jokes aside, I'd worry about this being a straw purchase- can you purchase it from Ruger, through him, or does he have to purchase it for you?
I gave him the money and my FFL information. It was shipped to the FFL and I did the transfer there.

He gets to purchase up to 3 firearms a year. All purchases have to go through a FFL, Even if he purchases it for himself.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Just for your information, I am having 4 birthdays in the next 3 months so if she can be accommodating, I am into the 1911 platform. I have all 3 of the .45 and 1 9mm however, another 9mm would be nice. If not, one can never have too many .45's.

Thank you so very much and a Happy Birthday

Tommy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts