Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3, 10 round mags. The one that came with the rifle and two I bought from Ruger. I also have a BX-25 X 2 (intended for an up coming 10/22 purchase) purchased from a local dealer that I have used in this rifle also.

Two of the 10 round mags fit snug, feed fine but when empty they won't drop out upon release. Difficult to remove from the bottom. Have to leave the bolt open and press down on the empty mag from the top with my thumb to remove it.

The third mag has a very slight play front to back when inserted, has feed issues. Freely drops from the rifle when the magazine is released.

The BX-25 X 2 has a very slight play in it also and having feed issues. Freely drops from the rifle when the magazine is released.

I have used a variety of ammo, keep the rifle and mags clean. This problem didn't become noticable until after several hundred rounds of ammo from new. Also didn't notice the problem until the weather got hot and humid.

Synthetic stock, 22" barrel, stock bolts tight.

Any one else have similar experience? Think it is the magazines? Rifle?

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
RFF, I also have an American Rimfire in .22 Mag, it is my second one - the first one got stolen. My father has one too and I'm aware of the problem your having with the mags not falling free, they have to have the magazine well pointed straight down to fall out.When gripping the lip on the on the mag to pull it out seems to put it in a bind making it more difficult to come out. I only have the mags that came with them, but it's the only problem I've found with the rifle. Might add a little oil to the outside of the mag to make the transition smoother.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solved the problem! Bought a 10/22 to use the mags that are finicky in my RAR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts