Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read better than average reviews about the Ruger American rifles. I'm thinking of getting the predator model in 223 for a target/varmint rifle. The general consensus is that they are very good rifles for a relatively low cost. Any thoughts & opinions on others who already own this rifle would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow.....no opinion of the Predator in four months? Did you get one in .223, Bulldog?

I'm trying to find one in .204. LGS salesman told me today none of his distributors have
any in that caliber. He surmised that Ruger is holding off for actual production of the .204
until they get a certain amount of orders for them.

Anyone here got any scoop on them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I got one in .223 so far I've had no issues with it. Driving tacks out to 200. I really like mine but haven't heard much of the general consensus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought in 6.5 Creed, looks great feels great going to jewel bolt at work. Backlash on the machine during bolt finishing makes for a little rough finish. But still smooth. Can't wait to fire. Bought Nikon BDC buck master scope. Looking at muzzle brake to bore out to .265". Ammo very hard to find. Bought 129g and 120. Will update more info after I break in barrel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the Ruger American Predator 308 a few months ago. I have a Leupold VX2 3-9x50mm up top. I am absolutely in love with this setup. The 308 version has the shorter barrel which is interesting. I actually love it when it comes to getting through the woods and up a tree stand. Plus, it shouldn't ever come into play with the distance I shoot typically.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've put 60 rounds through my creedmoor so far and love it, only downfall is how easy bolt opens when carrying on my left side while hunting. Bunch of pics of mine

·
Registered
68 Posts

Went shooting with a friend with a form 1 suppressor and my 3 year old wanted to shoot his cork gun too. Anyways. It was super windy and I jerked I think on that wide shot but not bad... Need to get more range time

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Love it when they bare being taught young..

Good shooting.

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts