Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a left hand American 223 two days ago.Got the call this morning they're discontinued. Perhaps this is old news but new to me. Any thoughts on the savage axis or CZ American ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Left handed rifles are rare, hard to find and also hard to re-sell. I'm left handed and am forced to shoot a right handed rifle. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've fired several RH bolts and they work. I have two lefty bolts so I got spoiled. A remington 700 30-06 and a savage Mark ii .22lr. Just wanted a rifle to fill the void between a .22 and an -06. Carried an M16/M4 for 20 years in the Army and have absolutely no interest in tacticool. I found a used ruger lefty all weather compact 223 might pull the trigger (pun intended)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here is my Savage Axis, in .223 Remington. This picture needs to be updated, and when I get my stock back from getting a Multicam hydrodip done (should be back next week), I will update the picture.

The dip is costing me a hundred bucks, and this rifle is not a very expensive set up, but I can shoot sub-MOA with it. I can even get 1.25 MOA with Wolf and Tula ammo in it...I was amazed with this kind of performance, out of a rifle that costed me far less than 400 bucks.

So OP, as far as the Savage goes, I can vouch that the original Axis (like mine) can shoot...I would venture to gain that the Axis II, with the trigger upgrade, is even better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou Toter that's a nice rig, my LGS can order me a lefty savage ii with accutrigger for $360 I have a redfield 2-7 that needs a home. I researched the ruger American and read the rotary magazine is awful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered a left hand American 223 two days ago.Got the call this morning they're discontinued. Perhaps this is old news but new to me. Any thoughts on the savage axis or CZ American ?
I've had a LH .308 American Rifle on order for months -- no news. My local shop checks regularly, no result. Has Ruger discontinued all LH rifles? If so, there are plenty of other Ruger firearms I can think of to take its place on the "want list".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts