Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Now that should be a Good 9mm. :Cooltu:
Dang, so many guns, so little money in the "Shooting Budget".
That one just went to the top of my wish list. Maybe I can sell something......

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
If it shoots as well as the .45 pistol does, then it would be worth having. Although I have a Colt Combat commander (steel) I would consider one of these as a back up. Problem is, being new on the market, the gun shops will not budge on price-at least they don't in Az.

Mag,
I would buy something from you however you would have to take an I.O.U. I just spent $545.00 on a new set of tires for my car so there goes my flush fund.

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I do like a good 1911,
That is probably a real good one,

But , I have my heart set on an RIA 1911 in 10mm ...its just a mm ahead..:cool::)

Jim

·
Registered
275 Posts
I sure do like my Lightweight Commander... that looks nice. I wonder if the wood grips will fit?

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I sure do like my Lightweight Commander... that looks nice. I wonder if the wood grips will fit?
The one thing I noticed is when I got my SR1911 .45LW, the grips on it were just a little bit more narrow than on a standard SR1911 Commander. I don't believe it's in the frame, I think it's just the grips that are more narrow. I ended up replacing my wood grips on the LW with Pachmayr anyway.

Tommy

·
Registered
275 Posts
The one thing I noticed is when I got my SR1911 .45LW, the grips on it were just a little bit more narrow than on a standard SR1911 Commander. I don't believe it's in the frame, I think it's just the grips that are more narrow. I ended up replacing my wood grips on the LW with Pachmayr anyway.

Tommy
I've only owned one other 1911, a Sig. My LW Commander is definitely on the slim side. I don't mind it, although a little thicker grip wouldn't hurt my feelings, either. Can't say that I've considered replacing them... now to go surf...

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
There are several very good 9mm handguns out there. IMO the 1911 has only 1.5 advantages: SA and that uniquely accessible thumb safety. Because I am prejudiced in favor of Ruger, this gun adds another advantage.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've wanted good 9mm 1911 for some time. I'd MUCH more prefer a blued one with the bobtail gip frame and a full size but this is getting there.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Oh yea...that's next on the list.....a must have....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts